Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a few Chippas and have no complaints.

For levers, i've stuck to the 2 Winchesters i have and love them both. Never been tempted to get others.
    NFA, CSSA, NRA,

Ama-gi, the earliest known written form of Liberty or Freedom

I do not believe that a majority can vote a person's life, property or freedom away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    I'm not sure I'm familiar with this. What was it all about?
    A couple years ago they had a special edition that was sold through a major retailer (Wolverine I think?), and there were hundreds upon hundreds of posts about it on CGN. It was framed as being a very high-quality exclusive breakdown 44 Mag lever, and long story short, the first batch had some terrible quality control problems that got through both Chiappa's checks and then the retailers' checks, wen they were mailed off to customers.

Those customers who had spent about $2000 after tax were extremely unimpressed, and it led to a bit of an explosion on the CGN forum about it, because so many people were excited over it. The main issue was in the poor finish quality (damage, pitting, etc) that may be fine on a $200 SKS, but not a $2000 gun that had been very publicly advertised as amazing.

The retailer did what they could to refund/replaced the damaged guns, which were in fairness only a relatively small fraction of the batch that went out, but to me it's still a death sentence. I understand that bad things happen with production, but those guns should have never left Chiappa, so therefore I'll never support them.

Every single gun (or any non-budget product, really) should not get boxed up until it passes by someone doing a detailed inspection in a sterile room with 1,000 lights on the ceiling looking at every component and function. I worked in the paint department for crappy Chrysler minivans from 97-01, and even they had quality inspectors at several spots along the way.
    I have no signature block.

I can't blame you for rejecting their products after that.
    NFA, CSSA, NRA,

Ama-gi, the earliest known written form of Liberty or Freedom

I do not believe that a majority can vote a person's life, property or freedom away from them.

I wouldn't spend much on a chiappa but a double badger is priced in the 'try it anyways' range
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

5. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

kennymo (11-14-2017)

Yeah. I'd be turned off them as well if that had been my experience.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123