Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Season for trapping what? Just curious.
    Your hunting regs will define what can be used for hunting. Most of 'em say something about following the FA. You cannot get a carry permit for anything but target shooting. Only active licenced trappers can get one for use when actually on their line. It does not apply to self defense though.

Canadian ForcesMember
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    You cannot get a carry permit for anything but target shooting. Only active licenced trappers can get one for use when actually on their line. It does not apply to self defense though.
    I don't know about Ontario but this is not correct in BC. Trappers are the most common holders of an ATC. But I know of them being issued to other professions such as Wilderness Photographers, Geologists, and Bush Plane Pilots This is a fact that I know since I assisted in their issuing. They do have limitations such as only valid when carrying out the profession in an area that is outside the 911 calling area. They are not for trappers to dispatch animals which can be done by a rifle carried in a pack. They are only for use in personal protection against large wild animals of the four legged kind. Not for use on two legged animals.
    There's no doubt that this administration is Marxist. The question is whether it's Karl or Groucho.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Season for trapping what? Just curious.
    Your hunting regs will define what can be used for hunting. Most of 'em say something about following the FA. You cannot get a carry permit for anything but target shooting. Only active licenced trappers can get one for use when actually on their line. It does not apply to self defense though.
    Coyotes, foxes, raccoons, muskrat, beaver, ect.
    Nothing in the hunting regulations I can find even mentions handguns.
    Law specifically mentions people who trap as being an example of those who should be permitted ATCs. Not for protection, but for dispatch.

Circumstances in Which an Individual Needs Restricted Firearms or Prohibited Handguns for the Purpose of Section 20 of the Act
    -Lawful Profession or Occupation
    --3 For the purpose of section 20 of the Act, the circumstances in which an individual needs restricted firearms or prohibited handguns for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation are where
    ---(c) the individual is engaged in the occupation of trapping in a province and is licensed or authorized and trained as required by the laws of the province.

Wildness protection is separate.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

A NS fellow took his province to court a couple times over it. If I get some energy I will find his story to share.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

The firearms act has a process. You fill out an application form. They either approve or refuse. You appeal if they refuse.

If the form is not on the website, and they refuse to send you one, you can apply for a writ of mandamus which will force them to provide one.

They may use their BS excuse for refusing to issue.

They may not use their BS excuse for refusing to accept an application.
    Two vicious lies undergird that stinking pile of excrement that passes for firearms law and regulation in Canada.

Some guns are too dangerous for you to have, and you don't "need" guns because you have police to protect you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123