Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The SVT 40 is the most fun Milsurp I own.

Lever Arms in Vancouver has a bunch of them. I'm getting a Tula 6 port hand selected gun. It should be a fun thing to shoot and low cost ammo is nice.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

i have been wanting one for a while as well, the Lever price has convinced me to pick one up.

Yo JW, dont do it, I had a nice Navy one, just another rifle, too long to hunt with. Once cheap ammunition drys up, it will be just another milsurp crowding and bruising the good stuff. Fun to shoot, sure...so is the JRC 9mm, and every other semi I own. My 2 cents, we have dealt many times at the nutty place. Hey buy 6 if you can afford it

lol hey Bob

They are excellent milsurp semi auto battle rifles and fun to shoot, everybody should try one before the cheap ex-mil ammo runs out or they are too expensive to buy like in the USA.

Prices have already jumped. Lever Arms has them for $699 now. I wish I was in a position to pick one up when they were only $350.

I remember (not very long ago even) standing in a downtown Edmonton gunshop with one in my hands, and a $250 price tag on it. (More if you bought one with the cosmo cleaned off).
    I decided I should probably think about it first.
    By the next time I made it back, no more were available.
    I finally just bought one from lever, in much worse shape for just over $400 by the time it got to my door.
    Join the CSSA. Its the least you can do.

Fowl Minded
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...the larger round of an svt..." Larger case. Same diameter bullet. The 7.62 x 54R will kill any game in North America though. The 7.62 x 39 will not.
    Whether an SVT is worth buying depends on how "original" it is. Don't think there are many, if any, shops cobbling 'em together though.
    "...they survived WW2 so..." More that they survived being issued to illiterate conscripts.
    Manual is here. In Russian. http://stevespages.com/pdf/svt_40.pdf
    Only thing I don't agree with is the part about the 7.62x 39 not being able to take any game in NA. Nothing here with a good shot would stand up to it. I've seen guys who have taken polar bears with 22s. Heck that is what we used to cull cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Profire62 View Post
    Prices have already jumped. Lever Arms has them for $699 now. I wish I was in a position to pick one up when they were only $350.
    $700! Wow, not letting mine go anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by El Lobo View Post
    Are they fairly easy to strip and clean (rountinely and cosmo removal)? Also, how is the reliabilty and durability of these things?
    Easy enough to strip, reliability and durability are Russian. Except maybe the gas cup, make sure you get the corrosive salts out of there, I've heard of them corroding if not cleaned....not thoroughly, it's an easy part to get at....perhaps I mean religiously? I guess it could be an easy part to miss?
    CSSA̶ CCFR-BCWF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123