Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    South East from the center of the Universe
    Posts
    1,718
    I don't even understand how a brush could be used with the breech plug in. The copper bristles need to clear the barrel in order to reverse themselves. The fear being if you were to push a brush down, the bristles need to somehow compress when trying to pull the rod and brush back out...a lot of stress on those threads holding the brush to the rod. If it breaks down there, or strips the threads, you'll find yourself in an interesting predicament. (no doubt filling the air blue with expletives.)

  2. #32
    Member TheGreatBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    68
    To repeat what I said earlier.

    "I think he missed the point i was trying to make with the stock ram rod, in that it is impossible to put in a brush, cleaning jag, ball puller, patch puller...etc on it."

  3. #33
    Senior Member Waterloomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bantario
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBeard View Post
    To repeat what I said earlier.

    "I think he missed the point i was trying to make with the stock ram rod, in that it is impossible to put in a brush, cleaning jag, ball puller, patch puller...etc on it."
    If you mean me, I didn't miss that. In fact, the first time you spend a session with your iron, you learn that.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

    Thomas Jefferson

  4. #34
    Member TheGreatBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    If you mean me, I didn't miss that. In fact, the first time you spend a session with your iron, you learn that.
    No, I didn't mean you and we had this chat earlier and I corrected myself. (i keep hitting reply instead of reply with quote, my bad)

  5. #35
    Senior Member Waterloomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bantario
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBeard View Post
    No, I didn't mean you and we had this chat earlier and I corrected myself. (i keep hitting reply instead of reply with quote, my bad)
    No problem Bud.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

    Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •