Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DethMyst View Post
    cabinets require trigger locks, safes do not.
    I am assuming the above statement refers to restricted arms because as far as I know non-restricted arms do not require a trigger lock if locked in a either a cabinet or safe... Or has the RCMP another new law!

Marc

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

Marcel (02-15-2017)

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I am assuming the above statement refers to restricted arms because as far as I know non-restricted arms do not require a trigger lock if locked in a either a cabinet or safe... Or has the RCMP another new law!

Marc
    You're correct. DethMyst is confused. Non-restricted guns do not need triggerlocks if they are locked in a container that is difficult to break into, weather it be a cabinet or a safe.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By sewktbk

lone-wolf (02-13-2017)

I can't afford a lawyer and I'll never take a plea on something that is bullcrap.
    There is a madness to my method!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    I can't afford a lawyer and I'll never take a plea on something that is bullcrap.
    Last stands need to be made in towns starting with M.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by DethMyst View Post
    THe whole thing sounds fishy. Being charged for guns that aren't the guns he's being charged for, being charged for having a prohibited gun which is actually a non-restricted? Being charged for having a gun in a safe without a trigger lock? (cabinets require trigger locks, safes do not).

Being charged with a lot of things that aren't even crimes??

Yah.. .this guy's story seems way to weird and I'm sure there's a LOT more to it that we're not hearing.
    I was talking to a lawyer a while back who had a client who was arrested for having a firearm without a license (can't remember the exact flavor). He tried to explain that the gun was deactivated but the cop wouldn't listen. He was so hot to make an arrest, he had blinders on. Off to jail he went.

The client explained to his lawyer what the "gun" was and it's state. The lawyer, being a firearms enthusiast himself knew exactly what he was talking about.

Mr Lawyer calls up the detachment and asks to speak to the cop. He asks the cop if he knew how a rifle worked. Well holy crap...Mr Cop gets all defensive and says something along the lines of "Of course I do." The lawyer asks him if the gun was locked up in the evidence locker. The cop says yes. The lawyer asks him if he would please go and open the bolt on it. The cop feels incredibly insulted and thinks the lawyer is just belittling him. He protested rather fearcely, but after being calmly asked a few more times, he says fine. The lawyer says he'll wait on the phone while he does it. After a few minutes, the cop comes back on the line and says...And I quote..."It's stuck." The lawyer suggests that he talk to his staff sergeant about it, and then asks the cop to ask the staff to call him back when they were done.

The seargent calls back, all apologetic...Said his client was being released immediately, and "Would you please ask your client not to sue us."

NEVER......EVER.....Underestimate the ignorance you may have to deal with when it comes to a hot n' bothered cop. Some, even when led right to the problem, call a welded closed bolt 'stuck'.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 02-15-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

awndray (02-17-2017), Marcel (02-18-2017), RangeBob (02-16-2017), triq (02-16-2017), Waterloomike (02-17-2017)

I hope the police got sued.

10. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By Swampdonkey

awndray (02-17-2017), Booletsnotreactwell (02-17-2017), Coke (02-16-2017), ESnel (02-15-2017), firemachine69 (02-15-2017), Gunexpert007 (02-17-2017), JustBen (02-15-2017), triq (02-16-2017), Waterloomike (02-16-2017)

Not wishing to derail the thread, do we have any full, confirmed knowledge of anyone being successfully charged with possession of a Butler Creek 25 round mag? If I am correct the CC does not support the RCMP's determination and the phrase "originally designed for" still stands as the law of the land.

By successfully charged, I mean convicted in court and not bullied in a hearing etc.
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

Quote Originally Posted by graz View Post
    Not wishing to derail the thread, do we have any full, confirmed knowledge of anyone being successfully charged with possession of a Butler Creek 25 round mag? If I am correct the CC does not support the RCMP's determination and the phrase "originally designed for" still stands as the law of the land.

By successfully charged, I mean convicted in court and not bullied in a hearing etc.
    Last I heard (secondhand of course) was that policy was to threaten charges and seize, but not actually charge. This may change dependant on Ralphie 'you'll shoot your eye out' Goodale's new bill due out this Spring sometime.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    If they seize your mag and don't charge you with anything, can you have the LEO charged with theft?
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRockeye View Post
    If they seize your mag and don't charge you with anything, can you have the LEO charged with theft?
    Thats not the legal definition of what theft is.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast