Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arthwys,

Caroline Supplies is open 'till about 10.00 PM every night if that helps!
    If you need anything specific, let me know and I'll check they have it before you come up. I'm only about 20 minutes away.

My revolver is an old Tranter double trigger, and rough! but still outshoots a lot of new handguns.
    On the Tranter, there isn't much of a shroud around the back of the cylinder, so caps don't get jammed. (Up to now anyway & had it a few years)

Quote Originally Posted by P-B. View Post
    Arthwys,

Caroline Supplies is open 'till about 10.00 PM every night if that helps!
    If you need anything specific, let me know and I'll check they have it before you come up. I'm only about 20 minutes away.

My revolver is an old Tranter double trigger, and rough! but still outshoots a lot of new handguns.
    On the Tranter, there isn't much of a shroud around the back of the cylinder, so caps don't get jammed. (Up to now anyway & had it a few years)
    Many thanks sir! I appreciate the offer.

Arthwys,
    Was in Caroline tonight;
    They have a Traditions starter kit for $90.00.
    Sounds steep but it contains the following;
    Capper, (but not the best. seems it won't hold more than a dozen)
    Flask,
    Wonder lube,
    Nipple wrench,
    cleaning kit and
    cleaning rod.
    Plus maybe a couple of dozen .44 balls that would be a bit tight in a .36!
    Have separate flasks,
    No separate cappers and No .36 balls. (have .440" & up.)

Looked at wholesale Sports, Calgary.
    They have .36 cal balls, (.357") for $12.00 box of 100.
    Marstar has a few flasks that would work, plus different nozzles for various charges, inc. for .36"
    Hope this helps.

Richard.

Oh - if you order off the net as I do - check out Track Of The Wolf too. They carry those top notch bronze nipples. The ones they come with aren't worth a hill a beans.

You could try Hillfolk Musket Supplies in Senlac SK. 306 228-2949 They don't have a web sight that I could find but they only sell black powder firearms and accessories. Doug and Becky Middleton are the owners and know their stuff when it comes to black powder.

Hillfolk, Caroline, like the others have said before. Hard non regulated bits and pieces are usually added to a Brownells order or sourced through the local big box retailers. I usually stock up when I find consumables (wads etc) at local gun shows. I haven't ventured into making my own yet, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too crazy to do; Google is your friend I guess.

Have fun and enjoy "the black"!

CCFR Lifetime Member
    CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member
    NRA Endowment Member

Thanks again everyone for your assistance!

Just for the record, the London Navy has a steel GRIP frame, the standard Navy has a brass GRIP frame. Grip frames don't stretch out. There are versions sold as "Confederate Navy" revolvers that actually have a brass frame, I would avoid those.

Hi Hakim.
    Yes in my research I decided against any brass frame versions. They may be pretty, but have a limited lifespan due to stretching. That's why I'm going with the steel frame.

love the navy colt replicas . lot of fun to shoot but make sure you look up the pettifoger mod to prevent cap jams. The latest competition tuned colt cap and balls use a small bar instead of a pin but ill leave that up to you. also be prepared to upgrade your nipples. Once you have eliminated the cap jams the gun will hum all day and is a lot more fun than most people can have with a pistol.

when you get the bug for a paper cartridge (everyone does rolls some realized its along process and goes back to flask and ball) take a look at hc collectables they have the proper paper for that. Was a good article in backwoodsman magazine about the subject months ago or so.

just my 2 cents to having a great time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12