Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    Just remember:

Provost has pushed for the banning of .223 in Canada.

She said it is a calibre that is far too powerful to be used for hunting because it destroys too much meat.
    OMF!

Quote Originally Posted by soulchaser View Post
    Just remember:

Provost has pushed for the banning of .223 in Canada.

She said it is a calibre that is far too powerful to be used for hunting because it destroys too much meat.
    I don't doubt it ... can you provide me with a link?

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I was curious about what she'd bring to the table.
    I was wondering if she might be previous Firearms Advisory Committee member Linda Thom (Ladies Gold Medal Pistol champion), but she isn't.

Lynda Kiejko is 36 years old, a member of the Calgary Rifle & Pistol Club, won two gold medals at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto (10m air pistol, 25m pistol), and a bronze in the 2010 games (10m air pistol pairs), and competes regularly.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynda_Kiejko
    http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/...CANW1309198001
    http://www.canadianshootingstars.com/Lynda-Kiejko/Media

She is Bill Hare's daughter. Bill did a lot to promote handgun shooting in Alberta (including keeping Olympic style competition), especially to make it accessible to kids about Lynda's and her sister's age.

I really hope Lynda will have a positive influence on the panel given her upbringing (and not her Olympic experience), but... not holding my breath. That panel is meant to rubber-stamp draconian legislation.

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Bullwhip

firemachine69 (02-18-2017), Hidyn (02-24-2017), RangeBob (02-16-2017), Swampdonkey (02-16-2017)

Forgive me if I've missed it, but have they released the full list for the committee yet?
    Remember High River!

from CGN

Well natalie provost is on there for being a victim, maybe we need some gun law victims on there. Maybe a few high river residents or jesse sansone. Maybe Ian Thomson could explain how awesome the gun laws protect people.
    There is another side to victims of guns, the victims of the gun laws.
    -- beetlejuice;13519537

7. The Following 10 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

coastal (02-17-2017), Edward Teach (02-17-2017), Eel (03-16-2017), firemachine69 (02-18-2017), Hidyn (02-24-2017), Neil Burke (02-23-2017), Relic49 (02-17-2017), Rory McCanuck (02-17-2017), Swamphunter (02-23-2017), triq (02-17-2017)

from CGN

let's get this straight: Pretty Boy's Lieberals just pissed in our collective faces by appointing the most rabid, emotional and loudest anti-gun person in the country as a vice-Chair to a committee that supposedly has to make logical and bias-free recommendations on future firearms policy
    -- 762mm;13536650

9. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Hidyn (02-24-2017)

Just got this from the CSSA:

Today, the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness announced that seven more individuals have agreed to serve on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee (CFAC):

• Annie Buchan - Member of the Pauktuutit Board of Directors
    • Ron Bonnett - President of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture
    • James (Jim) Couch - President of Ducks Unlimited, and sports shooter and hunter
    • Suzanne Jackson - Chair of the Board at the Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA)
    • Paul Pageau - President of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP)
    • Paulette Senior - Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Women’s Foundation
    • Clive Weighill - Past President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP)

The CSSA comment?

Canadian firearms owners are hurled under the bus again!

ETA: Had to look up Pauktuutit:

Pauktuutit is the national representative organization of Inuit women in Canada and is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors from across Canada. It fosters greater awareness of the needs of Inuit women, advocates for equality and social improvements, and encourages their participation in the community, regional and national life of Canada. Pauktuutit leads and supports Inuit women in Canada through work that ranges from advocacy and policy development to community projects to address their unique interests and priorities for the social, cultural, political and economic betterment of Inuit women, their families and communities.

It's amazing how these women get a place on this committee. CEO of the Canadians Women's Foundation? Inuit women leader? The man department gets ducks unlimited and a farmer, basically everything that's not wooden and single shot is not needed, as well lets throw in a couple doctor types to tell us anything that goes too fast, or is too big makes too big of wounds, so not needed.

This is going to be bad.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By coastal

Rory McCanuck (03-04-2017)

Un-fracking-believable.

This has gotten to the point where it is so ridiculous that it would be comical if it weren't so detrimental to things we care about.

Imagine if we wanted to build a new electric car company, and in order to determine the best way ahead we selected someone who has been struck by lightning, the head of a fossil fuels lobby group, the head of the school bus drivers' union, an advocat for the historical study of Poseidon and Apollo, and a token "car guy" who races RC cars.

It would be absolutely insane to not have an actual expert on cars, electricity, or car safety. Yet here we are faced with exactly this comparable situation, that is not even remotely balanced. I don't even care if they pick rabid anti-gun people, as long as they put people who understand gun laws on the other side of the table. But they have stacked the deck with people who have no expert knowledge whatsoever at best, or rabid-anti-gun agendas at worst. Nobody who knows guns, nobody who makes guns, and god forbid someone who likes guns.

I was actually thinking about raising my kinds in an objective manner to allow them to make their own political choices, but shenanigans like this make me want to change my ways.
    I have no signature block.

15. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

88 louie (03-03-2017), coastal (03-03-2017), firemachine69 (03-03-2017), RangeBob (03-03-2017), Swampdonkey (03-03-2017)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast