Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    errr maaaa gurrrr a 1/4 to 1/3 pound.
    Can you please clarify this response?

As I wrote in my original post, I'm not doing it as a weight saving measure, I'd be chopping the barrel down for looks/length.

I just through a number out off the top of my head, though, if you're suggesting that I'm exaggerating or something (?)

If that's what you were responding to, I don't know what the answer is. Presumably 4-6" of barrel and the front site and barrel length add up to something, though.

I have no idea how much it will be, but I know from other issues that the barrel is dense metal and you can feel a noticeable change with a few inches of difference even without the sight post/bayonet lug.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Can you please clarify this response?

As I wrote in my original post, I'm not doing it as a weight saving measure, I'd be chopping the barrel down for looks/length.

I just through a number out off the top of my head, though, if you're suggesting that I'm exaggerating or something (?)

If that's what you were responding to, I don't know what the answer is. Presumably 4-6" of barrel and the front site and barrel length add up to something, though.

I have no idea how much it will be, but I know from other issues that the barrel is dense metal and you can feel a noticeable change with a few inches of difference even without the sight post/bayonet lug.
    Probably added more weight putting on the ATI stock and if its not for weight. Then why say likely knocking 1/3 - 1/4 lbs off the front. Its not going to make any difference really. It was me laughing at the weight reduction. Better goto the gym and work out more to deal with that added weight.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Better goto the gym and work out more to deal with that added weight.
    Thanks, tough guy. Something something internet-approved response calling you out to look cool behind my keyboard. Maybe people would think I'm tough if I said something like "Why don't you come here and say that?", or "No you're not strong", but that would be dumb.

The ATI stock I got was among the lightest ones you can get. Then the bayonet went, then the cleaning rod, and next the barrel end with post and lug.

I challenge your point that "It's not going to make any difference really.", because every ounce matters. Maybe not for super jacked people like you, but for the other 7,000,000,000 people on the planet, shaving 1/4 pound off the front of a rifle can really make a noticeable difference in felt weight due to it being the farthest point from you when swinging it around.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

infidel29 (02-17-2017)

Thanks, tough guy. Something something internet-approved response calling you out to look cool behind my keyboard. Maybe people would think I'm tough if I said something like "Why don't you come here and say that?", or "No you're not strong", but that would be dumb.

The ATI stock I got was among the lightest ones you can get. Then the bayonet went, then the cleaning rod, and next the barrel end with post and lug.

I challenge your point that "It's not going to make any difference really.", because every ounce matters. Maybe not for super jacked people like you, but for the other 7,000,000,000 people on the planet, shaving 1/4 pound off the front of a rifle can really make a noticeable difference in felt weight due to it being the farthest point from you when swinging it around.
    Sure no problem.. Anytime.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Deuce-deuce (02-18-2017)

Ivan approved workout regime for spetsnaz operators:
    1) pick up rifle
    2) load rifle with ammo, because unloaded rifle is bad, da?
    3) swing rifle around while doing one legged squats to get strong like bear!
    4) remember, keep vodka hand away from trigger until ready to shoot capitalist pigs!
    5) put rifle down and drink vodka!

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By infidel29

Deuce-deuce (02-18-2017), FlyingHigh (02-17-2017), P-B. (02-17-2017)

I've never worked with Russians, but I've trained some Ukraine airborne soldiers and officers, and they definitely had an alcohol problem.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Specter Arms (02-18-2017)

I've never worked with Russians, but I've trained some Ukraine airborne soldiers and officers, and they definitely had an alcohol problem.
    They ran out of potato vodka?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Deuce-deuce (02-18-2017), infidel29 (02-17-2017), P-B. (02-17-2017)

Request permission to start a new thread about substance abuse in the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Request permission to start a new thread about substance abuse in the workplace.

Ukrainians are like Scots and Swedes, lifespan limited only by toughness of liver.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast