Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You aint the only one to hate S&Ws Canadian warranty.....or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by graz View Post
    3 inches at 10 yards is 30 MOA...whatever the problem is, it should be pretty obvious. Can you set the gun up on a makeshift rest in the basement, so you can look at the gun and barrel from above/behind or different perspective? I would love to be able to boresight this thing.

Are you at a location where you can compare your gun to a brand new gun at the local gun store side by side?
    Unfortunately no. The gun is not in my possession.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

If you like the idea of a 22LR handgun, though, I strongly recommend the Browning 1911-22. It's shrunken down in size so even wives and kids can handle it easily, and loaded with a full mag it weighs one pound.

I have never had a stoppage with it, with any type of ammo.

I have no signature block.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

saphta (02-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

If you like the idea of a 22LR handgun, though, I strongly recommend the Browning 1911-22. It's shrunken down in size so even wives and kids can handle it easily, and loaded with a full mag it weighs one pound.

I'll keep that in mind for the next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

One pound?
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

Sorry to hear about the crappy service. I love my MP22, never gave me any trouble and shoots great. Hope I never need warranty service lol. I've heard great things about the Grand Power K22 also, if you're looking for an alternative. It's on my list.

I bought an M&P 22 when they first came out, way too hastily and not knowing much about them, actually nothing but that Ruger had staked a lot on the M&P brand and that I wanted a .22 to self-train with, one that operated with the same basic controls as a regular semi-auto. I didn't know it was actually made by Beretta (not a favourite company of mine) and I didn't know it wasn't a strike fire, in fact I knew very little, including what was shortly about to happen to the price and availability of .22 LR ammo. So, mine operates fine with one variety of CCI ammo, but has regular stoppages, failures to feed, failures to load, and failures to eject with the crap normally available now. That is actually good for training purposes- I guess- because jams etc are one thing you need to know how to handle and with my M&P, I have no need to set such things up.

But the OP is about accuracy. OK, considering the trash ammo I put through it, it may not be entirely fair to the pistol to complain about inconsistent accuracy so I'll leave that aside. With mine, at handgun ranges I do consistently shoot about 2 inches down and 2 to the right. A trainer showed my how to mostly compensate for that by shoving my whole finger through the trigger guard and operating the trigger with the very bottom of my finger, ie, near the first joint. This is not exactly something I want to start doing with other handguns, but it does work with the M&P. The unfortunate counter-result is that with a full size gun I sometimes find I'm shooting up and to the left.

I really should get another .22, have ben looking at the Sig P226 22LR but have yet to find one at the range so I can beg to test shoot. Stupid Canada gun laws.
    People who work for a living are being overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by graz View Post
    One pound?
    Yes sir, one pound with a full mag in it.

Hold one in your hand and you'll be amazed.
    I have no signature block.

I was actually thinking of getting both K22 and the X-calibur. Not sure how the warranty compares to S&W's.
    Last edited by saphta; 02-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12