Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^^ good tip. I've been using the plastic tipton gun cleaning picks - little too much flex in them and not much of an edge to detect slight case separations. Time to swing by Princess Auto for some supplies
    University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address - Admiral William H. McRaven
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70

Federal is known for being softer than other brands. Only means it doesn't last as long before you start getting cracked necks. Whereupon you pitch the cracked one and anneal the rest. Handgun cases will crack at the case mouth from work hardening. Just pitch the cracked one and carry on. Isn't worth annealing handgun cases.
    "...Time to swing by Princess Auto..." Leave your credit card at home. Princess Auto has stuff. snicker.

Huh, and here I thought brass cracked from being too hard, thanks for the lesson
    I've had Federal primer pockets go big on me from warm loads, but I don't think I've split any Federal necks or mouths.
    Winchester however,
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Banned
    Better to anneal as soon as your able. Beats the hell out of the need to whine.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Federal is known for being softer than other brands. Only means it doesn't last as long before you start getting cracked necks. Whereupon you pitch the cracked one and anneal the rest.
    Sunray, is that you?
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By BrotherRockeye

Receipt (03-07-2017), road kill (02-18-2017), Rory McCanuck (02-17-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12