www.aztecharmory.ca

Ithaca Guns coming to Canada through Aztech Armory

We are now set up as dealers for Ithaca Gun Company - http://ithacagun.com/
    We will have full access to their complete line of firearms, including their 1911 Pistols as well as all parts and accessories.

Let us know what you need and we will get it set up for you. And, as usual when you buy through us there are no additional export/import fees.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Marshall

Booletsnotreactwell (03-13-2017), Mark-II (03-10-2017), Sinbad (03-17-2017), triq (03-10-2017), Zedbra (03-12-2017)

I didn't know that they did a 1911. I wonder how much of the gun they do in house. Inland had a proper GI 1911A1 as well, along with an old-timey national match version

I only wish that they offered the Featherlight with the oil finished stock and corncob that comes on their riot gun. The wood on mine is very nice, but I just love those old corncob forends.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Yea I'm serious about purchasing one of these now in about a months time.

Specifically looking for the Ithaca Model 37 Defense Gun, 5 shot model, parkerized finish, wood stocks, 12 gauge and 18 ½” barrel standard cylinder bore. Just in case I'm not up to speed, 18 1/2" is still considered non-restricted right?

Approximately what am I looking at, all in USD door to door?

Another thing, from what I understand the new models no longer have the "slam fire" feature. Except I was reading that some Ithaca dealers/vendors still stock the old "slam fire" parts so they can service the old guns. Is it possible to get a hold of these parts so I can install them in the gun myself?

It'd be interesting if the old trigger mech parts fit the new receivers.

For pump guns isn't it the OAL that determines restricted vs non?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

www.aztecharmory.ca
    I've not been able to confirm if the slam fire parts will work in the newer guns, but I have a call in to the guys at Ithaca so I'll let you know what I find out.

We have a couple of the Defense Models listed on the site now:
    https://www.aztecharmory.com/thaca-m...a-p-36974.html
    https://www.aztecharmory.com/ithaca-...a-p-36973.html
    https://www.aztecharmory.com/ithaca-...a-p-36972.html

We have access to their full catalog, so let us know exactly what you need and we will get it set up for you.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

Mark-II (03-17-2017)

www.aztecharmory.ca
    And yes, they are NR with either barrel length. Mark II is correct in that OAL is the determining factor.

Went ahead and placed an order today, added in the comments section about the availability of the slam fire parts.

If you guys can source these and they are indeed usable in newer guns that would really be the icing on the cake.

Also another thing, I was looking to buy some ammo but then I read the warnings under Canadian orders about shipping costs for ammo. I figured maybe since you're not a dedicated ammo retailer/importer you might not be set up to do it cost effectively and the resulting charges might be extremely high and that's why you added the warning. I was looking at buying the Federal XM193 420rd ammo can.

Another side note, is it possible to source Federal T556TNB1 420rd ammo cans? It's the new military MK318 projectile by manufactured by Federal, it's mostly a copper solid bullet with some lead that apparently gives better barrier penetration than the current M855. It's been available to U.S. civilians commercially for a while now.

Nobody has got this stuff into Canada yet, M855 is legal here and those bullets have a small dedicated steel penetrator in them so I don't see why something that's basically just like copper solids hunters use would be inadmissible.

I wrote to them about chokes as well, since all their information says Briley chokes (no style listed), but Carlsons interchange list says they use Invector Plus.

Ithaca says that while the tubes are indeed Invector Plus style, that Browning barrels are backbored while Ithaca is not, meaning the Browning chokes are a somewhat different size.

He was not certain if Carlsons know this, but Briley does, and they make a tube specific for Ithaca (Ithaca Plus).

I wanted a set of extended tubes, for convenience.

Briley's ecommerce site doesn't work right now, and I don't feel like phoning the order in, so I'll do without.

So I did a bit of research on the "slam firing"...

There's three parts involved, the hammer, the slide stop and the bolt carrier. It actually works a lot like an actual M16 with a full auto sear.

You press the trigger, drop the hammer and it fires now with the trigger held back the bolt carrier comes back and depresses the hammer, as the bolt carrier returns forward the hammer attempts to follow it home except it's caught by a nub on the slide stop (or action release), the carrier continues back into battery and a small leg at the end of the carrier trips the slide stop to release the hammer to drop again for firing once the bolt carrier/bolt is now 100% into battery.

The slam fire "feature" is actually apparently a safety device that prevents an out of battery detonation (real slam fires).

All I could fine online was pictures/diagrams of the old trigger group and not the new one so I can't compare 1:1 however it seems like the newer shotguns do retain the old bolt carrier and maybe even the old slide stop, so the only thing that might need to be changed is the hammer. Apparently according to some knowledgeable Ithaca smiths on shotgunworld forums new Ithaca shotguns can be converted to the old design, a member on there that claims to be a dedicated Ithaca smith says all that is required for parts is the old slide stop and hammer. I'm assuming one would have to remove or disable the trigger disconnect found on newer guns as well. I don't know what this even looks like or how it works, it might be as simple as removing the part or filling off where it interfaces with the trigger or it might be a huge pain where the whole new trigger group assembly is designed to work with the disconnect and not work without it being installed. Lastly, the new Ithaca shotguns are 3" shell capable, the old parts capable of slam fire seem to be listed for 2-3/4" with separate new parts for the 3" guns, now does that mean it won't work or you'll lose the 3" capability if you use them, I don't know.