FAC/PAL?? lost paperwork, found years later

took my hunter safety and my firearms when I was 12. but lost my paperwork and recently found it for my pal. is there anything I can do to get it now (going on 5 years)? was told when 18 to send it but was lost. have it all now and scores etc. I live in Saskatchewan so pal isn't necessary beside to purchase, just need hunters and a legal guardian over 18. any help much appreciated.

Give it a shot. I would hazard they are still valid.

I completed my courses way back in 98 when I was still in high school and didn't have the paperwork with me to send in. I called in to the firearms hotline this October and asked the nice lady what I should do and if there was any way that I could get a copy of my papers from 98 so I can send in my Pal application. She asked for my name and address at the time and a few clickety clacks later, she told me that everything was already on file. I never sent in any papers to the gov't (that I recall anyway) and they had them on file. I believe that the instructors send in a copy of their exams/documents for each of the students that they send through. All I had to do was fill out my Pal application and put on the sheet "on file" where they ask for a copy of your course. Once you have done your paperwork, it doesn't expire so you are good to go. Here is the numbers for the Fire Arms hotline for the RC's
    General Inquiries: 613-993-7267
    TTY: 613-825-1391
    Fax: 613-993-0260

Give them a call and see if it's on file already. If not, just send in the papers you have already and your are set.
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Eel

Rory McCanuck (03-17-2017)

This. Plus passing the pal and rpal tests do not expire. And correct also that the instructor submits their copy of the results of the training.

Give em a call and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Had A FAC it expired. Years later I was told I had to redo it with the new system. I challenged the pal/Rpal Maybe I was lied to but that's what I had to do. I can't remember who told me because that was also years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    I completed my courses way back in 98 when I was still in high school and didn't have the paperwork with me to send in. I called in to the firearms hotline this October and asked the nice lady what I should do and if there was any way that I could get a copy of my papers from 98 so I can send in my Pal application. She asked for my name and address at the time and a few clickety clacks later, she told me that everything was already on file. I never sent in any papers to the gov't (that I recall anyway) and they had them on file. I believe that the instructors send in a copy of their exams/documents for each of the students that they send through. All I had to do was fill out my Pal application and put on the sheet "on file" where they ask for a copy of your course. Once you have done your paperwork, it doesn't expire so you are good to go. Here is the numbers for the Fire Arms hotline for the RC's
    General Inquiries: 613-993-7267
    TTY: 613-825-1391
    Fax: 613-993-0260

Give them a call and see if it's on file already. If not, just send in the papers you have already and your are set.
    I did the same thing.

"...Had A FAC it expired..." FAC's were declared null and void. All part of the plan to make getting into the shooting sports as expensive in time and money as possible to discourage new or returning shooters. Just like when the RCMP decided they would no longer administer restricted firearms and destroyed all their restricted records. Allowed the Rat offspring of unmarried parents Liberals to require everybody to re-register at $25 per firearm.
    Anyway, as mentioned, you only need to prove you passed the useless tests. No time limit. Assuming the instructor did what he was required to do and sent in his part of the paperwork.