Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How about a Leatherman Micra
    https://www.leatherman.com/micra-20.html

Canadian ForcesTransplanted Nutz Cavs42's Avatar
    I vote Kershaw or CRKT

I carry a Kershaw Leek at home and a 1985ST at work.
    Think methamphetamine's addictive? Try 3-Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    How about a Leatherman Micra
    https://www.leatherman.com/micra-20.html
    I was thinking about a multitool of some kind but most of the time I just need something to flick open to make a quick cut.
    It is good to remember that a 9mm might expand but a .45 won't shrink
    CSSA and CCFR Member

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by greywolf67nt View Post
    Okay so lets pretend Blacksmithden was buying it. That is the kind of abuse it will see.
    Hey !!!! I'll have you know that I treat my EDC very well, and rarely abuse it, so PFHTTTTTTT !!!! LOL

It's a Kershaw "Needs Work". I don't even know if they still make it. I bought it about 12 years ago off Ebay because they weren't even in Canada yet. It's served me very well ever since. Not everyone likes a perfectly flat cutting face though. For stuff that would destroy ANY good blade, I use utility knives with disposable blades.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Okay so lets pretend Blacksmithden was buying it. That is the kind of abuse it will see.
    If BSD was buying it...you wouldn't need as heavy duty a knife. He has things that are overkill because he can. I have things that are overkill because I have no other choice.

I don't think people realize how hard I am on stuff. LOL. Put it this way: When I worked at the hunting/fishing store, I'd have tackle/gear reps hand me new stuff and tell me to go use it for the weekend. If I brought it back after 2 days of use and it wasn't broken, they considered that a success and more than durable for the average shmuck to use.

I've broken every Spyderco folder I've ever owned (4 of them). I've broken 50% of every Kershaw folder I've ever owned (3 of those). I've severely warped 2 Benchmades. I've had the same Buck-Strider knife within reach almost 24/7 for the last 10 or so years and it keeps on trucking. But again, I don't think they make them anymore so unless you want to pony up $600 for a true Strider the used market will be your best bet.

I honestly think you'd have a tough time wrecking a Kershaw or Benchmade. The Buck folders are pretty decent too. I don't remember breaking many of those other than 2 110's for sure.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By FlyingHigh

Cavs42 (03-19-2017)

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar

What?... it folds....

Besides, if it's tough enough for use in a combat zone, it might stand up to BSD....
    "we elected Joey from Friends" -Gavin McInnes

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Forbes/Hutton

FlyingHigh (03-19-2017)

I was thinking about a multitool of some kind but most of the time I just need something to flick open to make a quick cut.
    I have a LEATHERMAN C33X CRATER KNIFE made in the USA and $22.50. Compact,holds an edge nicely but not something I'd use for prying. At that price if lost or damaged after 6 months I feel I've got my money's worth. Current one is almost 2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post

What?... it folds....

Besides, if it's tough enough for use in a combat zone, it might stand up to BSD....
    I have one of those. It broke at the hinge near the blade.

I have been abusing a Leatheman Juice for years on the job site and it's held up well. The plier's get used as much as the blade. It's small enough to carry in your pocket withought nut damage. Not sure if they still make it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12