Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You may ship restricted firearms, non-restricted firearms and prohibited handguns from one Canadian location to another Canadian location if you use the most secure method offered by Canada Post that requires a signature upon delivery. Prohibited firearms, other than prohibited handguns, and firearms being shipped across the Canadian border, must be shipped by an individual or carrier company licensed under the Firearms Act to transport those classes of firearms.
    You are required by law to ship firearms unloaded and in a safe and secure manner to deter loss, theft and accidents.
    -- RCMP

A firearm cannot be shipped to another country by Canada Post. Instead, a carrier company licensed to transport firearms under the Firearms Act must be used.
    -- RCMP

Shipping by Post
    16 An individual may ship a firearm by posting it only if
    (a) the firearm is a non-restricted firearm, restricted firearm or prohibited handgun;
    (b) the destination is within Canada; and
    (c) the firearm is posted using the most secure means of transmission by post that is offered by the Canada Post Corporation that includes the requirement to obtain a signature on delivery.
    -- http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-209.pdf

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Kobs (03-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    You may ship restricted firearms, non-restricted firearms and prohibited handguns from one Canadian location to another Canadian location if you use the most secure method offered by Canada Post that requires a signature upon delivery. Prohibited firearms, other than prohibited handguns, and firearms being shipped across the Canadian border, must be shipped by an individual or carrier company licensed under the Firearms Act to transport those classes of firearms.
    You are required by law to ship firearms unloaded and in a safe and secure manner to deter loss, theft and accidents.
    -- RCMP

A firearm cannot be shipped to another country by Canada Post. Instead, a carrier company licensed to transport firearms under the Firearms Act must be used.
    -- RCMP

Shipping by Post
    16 An individual may ship a firearm by posting it only if
    (a) the firearm is a non-restricted firearm, restricted firearm or prohibited handgun;
    (b) the destination is within Canada; and
    (c) the firearm is posted using the most secure means of transmission by post that is offered by the Canada Post Corporation that includes the requirement to obtain a signature on delivery.
    -- http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/SOR-98-209.pdf
    Firearms cannot be shipped via air and cannot have any markings on the outside of the packaging. The customer is solely responsible for meeting all Canadian Firearms Centre regulations.
    -- https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/m...-e.asp#1389620
    It's a Canada Post requirement, not a Criminal Code requirement.
    The difference between a 'citizen' and a 'subject' is the right, and responsibility, to bear arms.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By TheCenturion

RangeBob (03-21-2017)

i've sold quite a few guns in the last few years, what i do is i remove the slide but leave the recoil spring and GR assembly as is in the slide. i wrap the slide alone in cling wrap , wrap the top of the frame so the inside isn't exposed to foreign matters, then put an empty mag inserted in...done and safe.

as for the package description it is not canada post business, so fragile tools or whatever comes to mind, and i'm asking the buyer to get extra insurance since it cost 2.50 dollards for each 100$ in extra .express with sig comes with a 100$ insurance, but in case of restricted sure enough i will never get a gun expedited to me without it being fully covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

6. The Following User Liked This Post By glockfan

Kobs (03-22-2017)

The only thing I see not mentioned here is whether you need a STATT to pick up the package at the post office and drive home with it, or if the seller needs an ATT to get the package containing a restricted to the post office.

Check the wording on your LT ATT to see if you are within the letter of the law?
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

Quote Originally Posted by graz View Post
    The only thing I see not mentioned here is whether you need a STATT to pick up the package at the post office and drive home with it, or if the seller needs an ATT to get the package containing a restricted to the post office.

Check the wording on your LT ATT to see if you are within the letter of the law?
    The seller needs an ATT to bring the firearm to the post office.

The buyer does not need an ATT to bring the firearm from the post office to their home, because that's covered in the RPAL conditions these days. The buyer can pick up a recently purchased firearm from anywhere, and bring it home; with permission from their RPAL conditions these days.

I received a revolver from Aztech Armory the other day through Canada Post.
    It was delivered to my door and since I wasn't home at the time my wife signed fro the package.

No fuss no muss.

In theory, one could conceivably not know what is in the package. Getting an ATT to pick up something you can't identify wouldn't make sense.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Kobs (03-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    In theory, one could conceivably not know what is in the package. Getting an ATT to pick up something you can't identify wouldn't make sense.
    This. The firearm basically magically stops being a firearm, legally speaking, as long as it's entrusted to the Canada Post Corporation; they're able to transport, store, and hand it out, with no PAL required, no ATT required.

So, you need an ATT to bring it to the Canada Post office, as it's a firearm. You give it to them, and pay for shipping, and it's no longer a firearm. They transport it, you're not home, they leave a pickup slip. It's still in their care, it's still magically not a firearm, kinda, sorta. You aren't going to call the RCMP every time you have a pickup slip and ask for an ATT, that would be silly. So you go to the post office, pick up your completely unmarked package that you have no way of knowing is a firearm, and drive it home. Open it up, and surprise, it's now a firearm that you require a PAL and possibly ATT (now bundled into your RPAL) for.

So, this is where it gets tricky. Lets say you've bought a handgun online, and it's shipped to you. You get a pickup slip, and go to the post office. You take it out of the post office, get in your car, and being all excited to find out what you got in the mail, open it. Surprise, you are now in possession of a restricted firearm; you'd best have trigger or cable lock, lockable opaque case that's hard to get into, blah blah blah. But you're already in violation of your ATT, because you don't have permission to have it out of it's container in the parking lot of the post office. Also, it's supposed to be in your trunk.

If you don't open it, though, could you, in theory, pick it up first thing in the morning, drive to work, leave the package sitting on your front seat, and go about your day?. After all, you don't know it's a firearm. You're legally barred from *knowing* until you open it; there can't be any markings or any way to tell it's a firearm.

Silly, ain't it?
    The difference between a 'citizen' and a 'subject' is the right, and responsibility, to bear arms.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TheCenturion

awndray (03-23-2017), Kobs (03-23-2017)

RobertMcC
    If you plan to sell alot of guns or even a couple. Next time you order from can ammo, put 10 of those cheap plastic trigger locks on your order for 10$.

Or buy a cheap cable lock.

Nobody getting into a restricted I shipped w/o a box cutter/knife, side snips and 10mins. Because I use alot of tape, zip ties and locks.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

awndray (03-23-2017), Kobs (03-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCenturion View Post
    you'd best have trigger or cable lock, lockable opaque case that's hard to get into, blah blah blah
    ....or a roll of packing tape.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast