Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Only ship to the address on the PAL that the CFC has verified.

(You might put the TO address on both sides. A technique for theft is to cover the shipping label with a sticker while in transit, and then the post office delivers it to the thief's address)
    Last edited by RangeBob; 03-19-2017 at 01:16 PM.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Kobs (03-19-2017)

^^^ Good point, I'm guessing when you call for the transfer they tell you the addy of the RPAL owner too right? The license could be stolen or used as a straw purchase (someone buys it and tells you to send it to someone else with no RPAL)
    I'll do what I have to do and deal with the consequences of my actions later

I always tell them "it's just some sporting goods" - my local post office lady thinks I play a lot of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    ^^^ Good point, I'm guessing when you call for the transfer they tell you the addy of the RPAL owner too right?
    Presumably when you get the PAL# from the buyer, the buyer will also give you their address.
    Indeed it would be odd for the buyer to give you money without an address to ship it to.

You give both (and other stuff) to the CFC, and let them verify it all.

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    Write "Liberal Party Printed Material" on the box. No one will steal it.
    Remember: the opposite of "Far Right" is Far Wrong.

Oh, ok i was under the impression that when you call to start the transfer and give the PAL# of the buyer, THEY would give you an address to verify. Same thing
    Yeah if the guy sends me money without giving me an address, it would be odd no doubt lol

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    When the buyer calls in to complete the transfer, the CFC will ask them their town/city of birth. That's one of their trip up checks. If the person can't answer, the transfer won't go forward, and will no doubt be flagged for investigation of some type. You need to wait for a mail notification that the transfer has been completed. You can then send them their firearm.

As far as insurance goes.....it isn't worth a ball of spit if the sender can't prove how much the item was valued at. In your case, you would need to provide an original sales receipt for the gun. If you don't have that, you're going to have one hell of a fight on your hands. Of course, they never seem to mention that. I can only think of once that I've bought shipping insurance from Canada Post, and it wasn't for a gun.

If a restricted firearm doesn't show up, and CP is just giving you the "too bad so sad" routine, start asking for names and addresses and inform them what was in the package. Tell them you need the information for when you call into the RCMP to report it, and that they will no doubt be investigating what happened to the package. It's kind of amazing how things mysteriously turn up when the cops get involved with their internal BS.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

9. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Kobs (03-19-2017)

I do have the original receipt from the store I bought it from it was new, but what if I told them it was say a clutch disk loll

Thank you all, specially blacksmithden for the great info you provided. In just a few posts I've learned a lot on how to do things and specially what not to do. Thanks for sharing your knowledge it's greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Kobs; 03-19-2017 at 08:47 PM.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    I do have the original receipt from the store I bought it from it was new, but what if I told them it was say a clutch disk loll

Thank you all, specially blacksmithden for the great info you provided. In just a few posts I've learned a lot on how to do things and specially what not to do. Thanks for sharing your knowledge it's greatly appreciated.
    You could always say that it's "sporting goods". Wouldn't be a lie, and it's vague enough that they wouldn't be able to guess what's in it.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Kobs (03-20-2017)

I didn't see it mentioned here, but I believe you also must still ship firearms ground. Watching the tracking on a package from BC to Ontario slowly update over a week or so while 'The Littlest Hobo' theme plays in my head, or sometimes 'The Lonely Man' piano theme from the Incredible Hulk TV show, is a sad, sad thing.
    The difference between a 'citizen' and a 'subject' is the right, and responsibility, to bear arms.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By TheCenturion

Kobs (03-20-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast