Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Here's a wild idea:
    Just don't drink the last sip out of the cup, and toss it overboard with the grounds left in the bottom.
    Did you mention to your dad that you bought a funnel to filter the errant grounds from your coffee? (Because maybe he won't want to go with you anymore, lol)
    Join the CSSA. Its the least you can do.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Here's a wild idea:
    Just don't drink the last sip out of the cup, and toss it overboard with the grounds left in the bottom.
    Did you mention to your dad that you bought a funnel to filter the errant grounds from your coffee? (Because maybe he won't want to go with you anymore, lol)
    Hahahaha ! I'm surprised he didn't come up with the idea first ! As far as being food safe. It didn't melt. There's no signs that anything wound up in the coffee. Good enough for me. I survived drinking water from rubber garden hoses that contained substances that are known to cause cancer in the state of California. Good thing I didn't grow up in California (yeah yeah..old joke, but still relevant ). Everything causes everything these days. Give it another year, and they'll proclaim that the stuff in the filter funnel in all the coffee makers causes cancer. I'd be surprised if I don't already have cancer. In my job, I'm exposed to every type of substance known to man short of weapons grade plutonium. I'm not too worried about what I might pick up from that funnel over a 2 week boat trip. Enjoy life, and leave the worrying to those who think that they'll live forever if they can just keep their bubble closed tight enough.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 04-17-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Rory McCanuck (04-17-2017)

Its here ! Its here ! The day is finally here !!! It poured rain all day, and it took forever to get everything loaded, bit its finally done. Of course, thats when I find a corner of the top is tearing, the wiper blade is falling off its arm, the old boys install job on the chart plotter is going to withstand exactly one minute of pounding and it'll be on the floor.... and a few other things...like half of the safety equipment was inadiquit. Anyway, its all fixed now. I raided Walmarts dry and canned food section this mornimg. Lots of canned chili, pasta and sauce, and packaged rice. Ive alreadly smoked through $750 and we havent even left the damned dock yet. Oh well.....itll be worth it....I hope.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

awndray (06-25-2017), Dewey Cox (06-25-2017), kennymo (06-25-2017), Rory McCanuck (06-25-2017), triq (06-26-2017)

Bon voyage.
    I look forward to a weekend canoe trip all year like it's Christmas.
    Your trip sounds like a blast.
    Have fun. Hope the weather clears.
    Join the CSSA. Its the least you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    . I raided Walmarts dry and canned food section this mornimg. Lots of canned chili, pasta and sauce, and packaged rice. Ive alreadly smoked through $750 and we havent even left the damned dock yet. Oh well.....itll be worth it....I hope.
    So in traditional internet fashion, months of seeking advice has just been ignored and thrown in the trash for the mundane experience of a rushed trip through Walmart, kicking no the shelves and buying whatever falls off.

The trip will be worth it, regardless of the crappy food. It's the company and the trip, not the food, location, or destination that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    So in traditional internet fashion, months of seeking advice has just been ignored and thrown in the trash for the mundane experience of a rushed trip through Walmart, kicking no the shelves and buying whatever falls off.

The trip will be worth it, regardless of the crappy food. It's the company and the trip, not the food, location, or destination that's important.
    So far, we've been eating like kings. First lock....pouring rain. Ate at a place called "The Dam Grill" while waiting out the storm. That night, ate sausage on a bun, picked eggs, and olives. Bacon and eggs this morning. Ate a late lunch of Chinese food in Orillia. Lol. So far, I havent added water to, or boiled anything.

I guess I should have added to the discussion that I found a mini fridge on Amazon. Its tiny, even compared to the 'bar fridges' that I've seen, and fits behind one of the seats. Its still a pain having it in here space wise, but its nice to have fresh food.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

10. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Rory McCanuck (06-28-2017)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910