Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Aside from ol'skippy the wonder chimp getting a second term in office, I think ww3 is the biggest threat this planet faces. I have a hard believing that things will just keep on keepin on, and at some point some one won't push the big red button. Putin, china, north korea, Trump...not a good mix folks...somethings gotta give.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    My biggest fear for Canada is that our debt is finally going to get called in and that everybody is going to take a huge haircut on their savings. If we continue on the road we're on, we're going to wake up one morning to find that the government has just cut the value of our currency by half. Can you imagine being a retired senior in Ontario, trying to pay your utility bills if the actual cost out of your pocket suddenly doubled overnight ? I want my debt paid off once and for all. After that, a major chunk of my savings will be kept in physical precious metals.

My biggest fear is that, that doesn't happen... Instead due to the political/social ramifications of a huge economic collapse/great depression scenario we turn into some quasi-totalitarian state. It's the straw that breaks the camels back, we get forced onto the new digital currency that they can manipulate/adjust/control to keep all the classes of citizens somewhat occupied/distracted working some measly job for "life credits" that they can then spend for shit, you combine that with all the big data analytic, goods and services target marketed to each social class so they can spend their "life credits" accordingly and keep the whole cycle going. It's like slavery but without the ball and chain.

So we become this huge totalitarian communist government surveillance state that appears to be first world free on the surface.

Kind of like a mix of a few dystopian future movies.

Logan's Run (1976)
    Soylent Green (1973)
    In Time (2011)
    Minority Report (2002)
    Demolition Man (1993)
    I, Robot (2004)
    Idiocracy (2006)

and a few others.

If you see what's going on right now, the framework has already been laid and it's full steam ahead.

3. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

coastal (04-02-2017), glockfan (03-21-2017), Hidyn (06-15-2017), LB303 (03-21-2017), Specter Arms (06-05-2017)

Anyone watching Colony on Netflix? I'm only a couple episodes in, but interesting apocalyptic take.

Jericho is another good Netflix apocalyptic show about life in USA after nuclear weapons go off all across the USA. was pissed it got cancelled after season 2, but great shown about how a community copes with issues in the post apocalyptic world

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Surplusshooter

coastal (04-02-2017), infidel29 (04-02-2017), lone-wolf (04-02-2017), Specter Arms (04-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Surplusshooter View Post
    Jericho is another good Netflix apocalyptic show about life in USA after nuclear weapons go off all across the USA. was pissed it got cancelled after season 2, but great shown about how a community copes with issues in the post apocalyptic world
    Is that the one where the town got parachute-landed a gigantic diesel generator from Red China? Oh yeah, that's what China would do all right. I was waiting to see where they'd get the fuel but I stopped watching before it happened. It was one of those shows where shots in people's houses would show about 50 candles all alight, yeah, maybe on Day 1 but not on Day 7 or later, morons. Hollywood just can't make the jump to a life before (or after) electricity.
    People who work for a living are being overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

muslim invasion.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Too late
    Join the CSSA. It's the least you can do.

I think people worry too much about surviving things that just ain't worth surviving.
    Asteroid? If it's a big one, please just land on me and make it quick.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

11. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Doug_M (04-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I think people worry too much about surviving things that just ain't worth surviving.
    Asteroid? If it's a big one, please just land on me and make it quick.
    I prefer to play all the options myself. You can always die, but you can only do it once.
    People who work for a living are being overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

NFA, CSSA, NRA,

Ama-gi, the earliest known written form of Liberty or Freedom

I do not believe that a majority can vote a person's life, property or freedom away from them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast