Thread: 22mag ammo

22mag ammo

Whats a good price for 22 mag ammo? And where to buy

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar
    Sometimes walmart has it. 15$ Ish per 50

I use the Canadian Tire search and then hit the "Other Stores" link from a particular product, to see what nearby stores have any stock. If you search for "rimfire" on the Canadian Tire site, it seems to be the best way to find any type of rimfire ammo.

There was a sale of Remington 22mag at Gagnon Sports in Oshawa awhile ago, but generally it is hard to find on sale ever.

I'm seeing $18 for the lower typical price for 50 rounds. Chootem works out to $16.50 for 50 rounds when you do the math on a 200 pack from Cdn Tire.

I've seen as high as $22 per 50 at some local stores or Cabelas. It isn't commonly sought ammo and there isn't much supply, so the deals and bulk purchasing isn't going on.

I got a bunch for $6/50rds, $12/50 being the regular price.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Where you are matters.
    $6/50rds, $12/50 is a really good, but old price. Paid that kind of money for .22 Mag 40 years ago.
    Seems Winchester has quit making .22 Mag. Midway, Stateside, shows all Winchester brand .22 Mag ammo as on 'No Backorder'. Seems that all .22 Mag is unavailable. Graf's, another big name on-line retailer shows every brand but Hornady and Armscor as 'Unavailable'. Includes CCI.
    So does Cabela's Canada, but they're showing Federal and, oddly, Winchester as in stock. Really expensive from them. $20 or $22 Cdn per 50.
    Al Flaherty is showing Winchester too at $15.99 per 50 for 40 grain FMJs, $19.99 per 50 for 30 grain V-Max's. His site may be out of date though. Still shows Remington Yellow Jackets and, sniff, they're discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Seems Winchester has quit making .22 Mag. Midway, Stateside, shows all Winchester brand .22 Mag ammo as on 'No Backorder'.
    That'd be bad, they're the most prolific brand for .22mag I found.

The price I paid might of been a few years old...
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Saying it is "all unavailable" is probably not what you intended to say. I can find CCI 22WMR at Canadian Tire and online at Gagnon Sports in Oshawa.

Some other online retailers carry stock as well. Google for "22wmr canada".

My local Canadian Tire recently had no Choot'em for 22WMR in stock, and in the last month a few more boxes arrived. That seems to indicate there is some supply.

The common price you'll see online for various CCI rounds in 22WMR is $20 to $22 for a box of 50. Gagnon Sports even sell a birdshot version for about $10/50 rounds. But it certainly isn't a priority round to supply compared to 22LR.

If a person gets their supply info from Cabelas, it can be deceptive. I ordered Winchester Bonded Power Max in 223 and waited 4 months for Cabelas to ship. It was still on back order when I cancelled the order, and the person on the line told me the supply was still showing as available and on backorder. It is still showing on backorder at Cabelas today, over 6 months later. On the other hand, no one local to my area will sell 20 gauge with any size of buckshot, but Cabelas does stock it.

If Winchester has quit making 22WMR, which happens to have Winchester in the round's name, then why are they listed on the manufacturer's web site in several types?

You can get two types of 22WMR by Winchester, in stock, at Al Flaherty's...

https://www.alflahertys.com/collections/ammo-22-wmr