Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    in before the lock....

considering those groups were shot with Agulia .223 Remington 55grain FMJ, those groups are impressive.
    Last edited by Westicle; 05-17-2017 at 09:03 PM.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Westicle

triq (05-18-2017)

Bi-pod, no bags, no cool downs, not rushing, but he wasn't real slow about it, using the cheapest factory ammo you can find, I think those are pretty good results.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

triq (05-18-2017)

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    I take it none of you guys are in the loop as to what happened with Hoplite tactical supply?

So, because someone pissed ATRS off they do them one in the eye back by baseless voiding of warranty.

Someone else for the Never Do Business With list
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    I take it none of you guys are in the loop as to what happened with Hoplite tactical supply?
    I heard a something a couple years back on the other site, but can't remember. Care to give a quick Cole's Notes version to jog my memory?
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    I heard a something a couple years back on the other site, but can't remember. Care to give a quick Cole's Notes version to jog my memory?
    went insolvent, refused to pay people back deposits they had for pre-orders and then start selling "stuff" under his personal account on CGN while denying it was actually store stock and that everything was personally owned....

and then told people they would get a refund after he sold the business..... and yeah, that never happened.

or that's what i have heard.....

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Westicle View Post
    went insolvent, refused to pay people back deposits they had for pre-orders and then start selling "stuff" under his personal account on CGN while denying it was actually store stock and that everything was personally owned....

and then told people they would get a refund after he sold the business..... and yeah, that never happened.

Basically this. So Hoplite is a bag of crap in my books.

As for the video review and the accuracy claims, guess what I actually believe them. I don't doubt that this rifle when properly functioning can actually get MOA or sub MOA levels of precision. Guys get that with AR15's as well and guess what these rifles use AR15 pattern barrels and bolts. If you get that right, that's 95% of the precision right there.

The guy from Mystic Precision over at the other site showed a Norinco CQA with an extremely high precision barrel and a headspaced bolt for it, sub MOA even while everything else is sub standard and/or value parts at best.

That's the thing that gets me, there's no mr sub secret sauce or mac sauce effect at play. So when a guy can plug in the same bolt/barrel combo to a $600 CQA and get that same level of precision people will ask you, well what makes up for the $2800 difference?

The proper answer would be...

Hey, we made minor changes to the AR design making it incompatible with normal AR receivers, it's classified non-restricted, it's made in Canada and due to the economies of scale it's more expensive for less in some departments and the kicker, it's non-restricted and only we make it so if you want it you have to pay.

Would never have heard anything from me with that explanation, would have been like hey cool whatever floats your boat, fills a niche and it's cool.

Pretend there's some secret sauce mystical mojo worked into it and the only thing I have to go on is price. I'm gonna compare it to $3000 H&K precision semi-auto rifles, KACs, LMT's, etc... And pretty much all of the criticism I've ever dealt with is in that regard, when I compare to similarly priced, very similar functioning semi-auto rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Westicle View Post

What were the deposits for? Guns?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910