Crown Land Southern Alberta?

Just wanted to know good spots to go shooting out at for free just for future reference.
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 10-15-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KB_TheDireWolf View Post
    Going to be having my PAL training in May. Just wanted to know good spots to go shooting out at for free just for future reference.
    How far outside Calgary are you willing to drive? The longer the easier. Edson Hinton area, hwy 881 north of Lac La Biche, etc should be easy.

Sorry, but any "close" spots won't be thrown out that easy by anybody. Look at some of the ranges instead. All the fun, more safety, and friendly. They'll try not to let you poke an eye out...

alaskas not to far
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nvm
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 10-15-2017 at 02:51 AM.

I have school and stuff. Cannot go that far, really do not want to go into the land of no free health care really lol..

Have my 1980 GMC Sierra Grande 25, willing to drive 50-100km away from Cal. Ranges cost money and well I would like to practice long range shooting most are only 50m...

I just would like to find a spot that you do not need a 4 wheeler to get to and can set up targets. Maps for crown land I find hard to read from what I have seen...
    50-100km is still pretty much farmland or at least still too populated for most shooting, especially anything long range.

The Milo? Range should be able to do most of what you want. And I don't think it's that expensive. The Stettler range is inexpensive and has some fans, I believe. A tank of gas or two of your vehicle should balance out a membership pretty quick. I'm sure the locals can fill you in on more ranges.

Our healthcare is anything but free.
    How much do you want for the 1980 GMC?

Have my 1980 GMC Sierra Grande 25, willing to drive 50-100km away from Cal. Ranges cost money and well I would like to practice long range shooting most are only 50m...

I just would like to find a spot that you do not need a 4 wheeler to get to and can set up targets. Maps for crown land I find hard to read from what I have seen...
    as said, your going to need to drive a lot further than 50-100km. and gas is not free. neither is breaking down in the middle of nowhere. i wouldnt be doing in in anything that old.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nvm
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 10-15-2017 at 02:50 AM.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By KB_TheDireWolf

Hillbillyreefer (04-10-2017)

nvm
    Last edited by KB_TheDireWolf; 10-15-2017 at 02:50 AM.