NUMBER OF ROUNDS IN MY 12 GAUGE SHOT GUN

JUST SEARCHING FOR THE LEGAL ANSWER, MIGRATORY BIRD HUNTING= 3 ROUNDS, BIG GAME NO LIMIT IN SHOT GUN.5 IN MAG IF SEMI AUTO. I'M IN ONTARIO AND CAN ONLY FIND ONE LAW,AND IT IS FOR MIGRATORY BIRD HUNTING.
    happy is going hunting with your friends and coming home with all of them

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    as Many as you can jam in when not bird hunting
    Semper Alacer
    always vigilant

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

lone-wolf (04-20-2017), Rory McCanuck (04-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    as Many as you can jam in when not bird hunting
    If it's a pump, or lever you mean.

I think you have it right, bjsgear, do you have a specific question beyond the info you've found? Is this in regards to hunting big game? I'm unfamiliar with Ontario hunting regs.
    In the semi, the technical answer is that magazines for semi-auto centre-fire rifles and shotguns are limited to 5 of whatever cartridge they are designed for(i.e. stamped on the barrel).
    So, if your shotgun is designed to hold 5 3.5" shells, and you decide to put in 7 2.5" shells, that is legally allowed because the shotgun magazine still cannot hold more than 5 of the 3.5" shells it is designed for.
    CSSA CCFR

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Strewth

Forbes/Hutton (04-20-2017), kennymo (04-10-2017)

The Ontario Hunting regs can be found at: http://www.ontario.ca/document/ontar...ations-summary

On Page 25 of the document (or page 29 of the pdf file), the third para states 3 rounds for all game. Target shooting - fill your boots.

Click Click...
    No need to scream

8. The Following User Liked This Post By sewktbk

Booletsnotreactwell (04-21-2017)

Please shut off your caps lock.
    "...BIG GAME NO LIMIT IN SHOTGUN..." There is in Ontario. The MNR has decided(long ago) it will be 3 rounds in the shotgun for hunting anything. Like cowboy01 says, read the hunting regs. Mind you, if you don't have a hunting licence, that takes paying the Outdoors Card Tax and a Hunter's Safety course(that should tell you this stuff) to get, you cannot go hunting anyway.
    "...No need to scream..." Well, maybe. Hunting regs everywhere can make you do that. Places Stateside where a rifle can't be semi-auto and others where it must be a pistol calibre only. Then you get into the parts of Ontario(that's not all of Southern Ontario either) with the daft calibre restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    If it's a pump, or lever you mean.

I think you have it right, bjsgear, do you have a specific question beyond the info you've found? Is this in regards to hunting big game? I'm unfamiliar with Ontario hunting regs.
    In the semi, the technical answer is that magazines for semi-auto centre-fire rifles and shotguns are limited to 5 of whatever cartridge they are designed for(i.e. stamped on the barrel).
    So, if your shotgun is designed to hold 5 3.5" shells, and you decide to put in 7 2.5" shells, that is legally allowed because the shotgun magazine still cannot hold more than 5 of the 3.5" shells it is designed for.
    Get your point so a semi-auto designed for 3.5" shells max is 5 rounds, now that there are 1.5" shells in the market place it would be cool to fit 11 shells in it that would be fun factor x10, though RCMP would give you a hard time if you cycled 11 shoots in front of them at a range?
    FINLAND 99 years of independence 6 Dec 2016