Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your rig?

This year, I hope to go hunting with a borrowed old Browning recurve. I've been hard at work, getting arrows, tuning, tuning and more tuning. I made my first batch of wood arrows and in the midst of tuning when somehow my string started fraying. I reckon it got cut on something. So...ordered a nice one off ebay and waiting for it to arrive. Canada Post seems slower these days.

40 lbs, barebow, Sitka Spruce wood arrows with either 165 Gr Zwickey No Mercy's or 125 Gr Steelforce Phatheads...depending on the state of tune, of course.

2011 Bowtech Invasion CPX 65# 29"draw Easton 340s

APA Viper Nano, 31.5" draw set at 64 lbs. for now. Too sweet!

Chek-Mate bows

Long bow - carbon backing with reflex design, 50lbs @ 28
    Recurve - take down, generic riser, Chek-Mate limbs, 46lbs @28

I switch between glove and tab, but ten to prefer a tab - enjoy helix arrows with heavier spine and grain. Meant has hunting rigs, but only get used for targets :/

Recently picked up a PSE stinger, trophy ridge whisker biscuit, hitman 3 sight. Another discipline to figure out, starting to have too many toys and not enough time off work.
    They say money cant buy happiness, but it can buy guns and shooting makes me happy.

Time for some new pix

Target bow.

hustlin since 1984

For hunting this year I decided to change it up and use this 7mm rem mag

Under 8 pounds everything shown.
    :P

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Satain

Candychikita (04-01-2015)

My primary and backup bows are:
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite
    2008 Mathews Apex 7

I have CBE sights on both, with APEX housings, and Feather Visions 4x lenses. Also use Fusion stabilizers. Shooting Easton X7 Eclipse arrows for indoors, and X10's outdoors.

I also have a Rytera Alien Nemesis, with whatever I have lying around bolted to it.

Oneida Aeroforce X80. yeah yeah, its an older model, it doesn't shoot at smoking hot speeds compared to newer bows....it has a bit of heft to it and isn't exacly for lightweights on the muscles...BUT...it is one of the smoothest drawing bows, extremely accurate, and it has a unique shape/design to it that makes people stop and ask "what kind of bow is that"?

I keep meaning to snap a photo....I shoot a several year old Darton 3000(I think?). Just a hair over 60 lb draw weight, whisker biscuit, five pin LED sight, pretty standard stuff. I still haven't schwacked a deer with it, though with a one deer limit the last couple years I've been treating archery as scouting season. Managed to get less than ten yards from some does and fawns a couple times and came to full draw just to see if I could do it without spooking them, but thus far it's only nailed a coyote at a measured 55 yards. Tipping the Easton's with Grim Reaper expandables, though I'm probably switching everything out to Slick Tricks for simplicity's sake this fall.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast