Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still is common to find sporterized and Bubba'ed examples for around $75 - $100!

I shot my first deer, in the Lardeau region of the Kootenays in BC, December 1964, with a 1917 SMLE with volley sight, cut down to save weight. I had another, a P-H No. 4, sporter stock, MC comb and my little brother used it and allowed the bore to rust badly when I was away in the BCFS, circa 1965-6 or so......still POed!

About 1995, bought a Jungle Carbine, made when I was born and minty, but, it would NOT hold zero. By this time, I had and still have many highend custom hunting rifles and just punted the old .303 to a wannabe type and have never bothered with another.

That said, I bought a lovely old Long Lee, custom built by Geo. Gibbs and Co, fabulous shape, in 1973 from Allan Lever, in Vancouver, for $79.95 and traded it a year later for the first of many Rugers I have owned........they are now worth bleh, but, that would go for $1500.00 and it had wood to die for, better than either of my Dakota 76-.338s.........too soon oldt und too late smarcht!!!

Since I loaned my son my 7x57 Mauser an few years ago, and it hasn't come back yet, :-) I use the old Ishapore cut -down with as issue sights for hunting. Never let me down yet. 2 whitetails and 2 bull elk in 3 years.
    This rifle was a gift, when a V good S. African pal moved to Australia...

I see a few ads on the novascotiahunting.com classified section for 303s. Not all of these sellers are prepared to ship - it is a small enough province that people may be expected to drive and pick up, but one can always ask...

http://novascotiahunting.com/forums/...?/classifieds/

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    I see a few ads on the novascotiahunting.com classified section for 303s. Not all of these sellers are prepared to ship - it is a small enough province that people may be expected to drive and pick up, but one can always ask...

http://novascotiahunting.com/forums/...?/classifieds/
    And if they won't ship, some locals may be able to help. Never hurts to ask, just expect a low rate of success. That way you're pleasantly surprised if it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    A springfield m1a in factory 7-08 or 243-unicorn gun

No4 enfield, not a unicorn. There's 8 variations of the no4 on just page 1. Including a "t" model sniper.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Surplus-Rifle
    I'm avoiding CGN because, um. I really do not want to say...

303 ammo is easy to find, its the price that bad, since all the surplus dried up. But you can make cheap 303. Buy cheap 762x54R surplus, pull the bullets, take out 6grn of powder and put it in 303.

Personally I like the Pattern 14 over the No4s.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    303 ammo is easy to find, its the price that bad, since all the surplus dried up. But you can make cheap 303. Buy cheap 762x54R surplus, pull the bullets, take out 6grn of powder and put it in 303.

Personally I like the Pattern 14 over the No4s.
    I've seen that done YouTube I'm not necessarily sure would like to try it. Do not feel like working a good rifle because of something I did wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123