Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    In regards to the markings of firearms, your concern about their applicability to reducing gun violence does not provide a claim that can be made as opposed to those supported by law enforcement. Law enforcement officials in Canada believe through their role as the key stakeholder in public safety that markings help police to better investigate the criminal use of firearms. Marking will not only help to better identify firearms that are being registered and used in Canada, but are also part of our continuing efforts to get illegal guns off of Canada’s streets.
    BULLSCHITT!!
    There is a madness to my method!

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Marcel

Doug_M (05-21-2017), glockfan (05-21-2017), Waterloomike (07-13-2017)

Recently, the Canadian firearms community celebrated the delay of the UN Marking scheme, promised by the Liberal government since the federal election. While this was great news for manufacturers, importers, retailers and gun owners, now is not the time to sit idle. The CCFR worked hard on this matter, as did many in our community, and we continue to this day to keep this wasteful, unnecessary program from being implemented. The Liberals want a “CA” or “CA17” (current year) included in the marking of firearms, which already bear a unique identifying serial number.

Tracey Wilson, VP of Public Relations has a steady stream of ATIP’s (Access To Information and Privacy) requests flowing in and out of Public Safety and the RCMP. She noticed there was a huge variance in the actual cost per gun quoted by industry insiders versus the Liberal government. The government’s own newsletter, Canada Gazette quoted a mere $20 per gun at a maximum while some importers, retailers and advocates went as steep as $200 per firearm.

Tracey put in an ATIP for the government’s own study to see how this low number was established. The first reply from Public Safety merely blew off the request with a “no information available”. She re-filed the ATIP and included a mention of the study from The Canada Gazette and provided the link. After a response asking for an extension on the usual time allotment, the study came in. Interestingly enough it’s a 2009 study mentioning everything from “tagged homing devices” to laser engraving.
    https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-atip-un-marking-study/

Link to study: https://firearmrights.ca/wp-content/...rkingStudy.pdf

Damn that's a long document.

I am confused how adding CA17 to a rifle that is not registered in the first place helps reduce gun violence. What utter hogwash.
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    I am confused how adding CA17 to a rifle that is not registered in the first place helps reduce gun violence. What utter hogwash.
    So you aren't confused, they are.
    NFA, CSSA, NRA,

Ama-gi, the earliest known written form of Liberty or Freedom

I do not believe that a majority can vote a person's life, property or freedom away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    So you aren't confused, they are.
    Well that's good to know. I really can't wrap my head around the reasoning behind this. If a crime was committed in Canada with a gun, how the Flying F does having a year and CA stamp on it prevent someone else from performing a gun crime? I wonder what the stat is for the difference between knife crimes vs. gun crimes. My long shot guess is that there are way more knifing incidents than firearm incidents.
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    I wonder what the stat is for the difference between knife crimes vs. gun crimes. My long shot guess is that there are way more knifing incidents than firearm incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    That's an old chart.
    In the past decade they've bounced back and forth as to which is the most, with knife being the more common the past couple of years.
    Data does not equal information, and information does not equal understanding.

^^^^

the graph would look pretty much identical these days. iirc gun crimes are on the low, while crimes commited with a knife is pretty stable since a decade ; the most used '''' tool''' by far .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345