Widdling new 2x72 belt grinders!

Having fun building these!

2. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By ConnorBC

blacksmithden (06-25-2017), ESnel (05-30-2017), firemachine69 (06-18-2017), glockfan (05-30-2017), JustBen (05-30-2017), Plinker 777 (05-31-2017), road kill (05-31-2017), Rory McCanuck (05-30-2017)

Sander not grinder. Good thing to have anyway. Really good when putting on recoil pads.
    Been thinking a hunk of padded square tubing with a couple holes would make a decent sight pusher.

No, those are grinders. A belt sander is different. And yes, belt grinders are a real thing.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Haywire1

Grizz Axxemann (06-24-2017)

Nice build. I use Wilton's as I am too lazy to build em.

We call these "sanders" a grinder in metal shops as we equip them with belts designed for metal and the are setup with pretty high HP motors

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The grinders are widely used by knife makers and fabricators. I use 2 grinders side by side in my work shop for fabricating. I build 1928-1931 Ford Model A frames and components. I also use 2 more grinders side by side in my knife smithy. One of which is on a VFD to dial in speed for hollow grinding. I've been building grinders for over 12 years now and just supplied a nearby high school with 4 grinders for their metal shop. Having a lot of fun making them.

Connor

I am just looking at building my own 2x72. Where do you get your wheels from ConnorBC
    If you know how many guns you own, you don't own enough.

I wish I had the space for a 2x72" belt grinder. Hand filing bevels is an exercise in frustration only compounded by the craptastic workspace I have.
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.