Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gophers

Gophers

The baby's are out. Went over to a buddy's on Friday and said we go shoot a few. He said he had very few on 30 acres. We shot 1575 shells. Then yesterday we were working for a fellow 10 miles North and as my lad was running the sprayer I went with Nolan[10 years old] in the gator to see his gopher patch. Boys don't get yourself in a shooting match with this young man as gophers at 100 yds were not in the least safe. Gosh it was fun being with the squirt who lives to be outside. Now I have to show him the trapping business from my view.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By pitw

Hillbillyreefer (07-11-2017), Madrach (06-11-2017), R&R Rancher (06-19-2017), Rory McCanuck (06-11-2017)

Sounds like a good time.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By hawk-i

pitw (06-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Sounds like a good time.
    Oh it were. The way the lad looked at me outta the corner of his eye when there was a plop on a long range shot was priceless. His patience was amazing as well. I felt safer with him and a gun than I do with many adults.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By pitw

Rory McCanuck (06-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by pitw View Post
    The baby's are out. Went over to a buddy's on Friday and said we go shoot a few. He said he had very few on 30 acres. We shot 1575 shells. Then yesterday we were working for a fellow 10 miles North and as my lad was running the sprayer I went with Nolan[10 years old] in the gator to see his gopher patch. Boys don't get yourself in a shooting match with this young man as gophers at 100 yds were not in the least safe. Gosh it was fun being with the squirt who lives to be outside. Now I have to show him the trapping business from my view.
    So did you hit any? lol

8. The Following User Liked This Post By jackrabbit000

pitw (06-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit000 View Post
    So did you hit any? lol
    I never fired a shot that day and had as much fun as if I were doing the killing. This morning I went around the yard and shot about 50. Came home for the other lad while one was spraying and went out to the top garden to see if there were any more out. There was a Turkey vulture eating on the morning bounty. It didn't care I was sitting in the truck 20 yards away and the magpies had a good feast too. I just caught [L] from the wife cause there was a new gopher hole by the back door and me plinker was in the truck, so I grabbed a 410 I hadn't fired in anger yet and I can now say 2 1/2 inch #7's work well on gopher heads at 18 yds.LOL Wife had something new to bitch about too.

I both wish we had and am glad we don't so far as gophers are concerned.... Would be fun though.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I both wish we had and am glad we don't so far as gophers are concerned.... Would be fun though.
    It's the most fun you can have with a gun in your hands.(my belief anyway)
    Make Trudeau a drama teacher again (www.spreadshirt. com)

Yesterday we were running one sprayer and my lad got his butt kicked into it. I went to check crops we had done earlier and came upon a half mile of canola across the road from a huge gopher pasture. Them friggin gophers were chewing off everything within 100-200 yds of the road. I didn't have permission but I had a couple bricks of shells and an hour and a half. An hour and about a brick of shells later a pickup pulls up and the fellow comes walking over to me to ask, "You know who's land this is?". I replied I did and that he was renting and I didn't figure he'd be to choked at me for trying to save him a few hundred bushels of canola. He laughed and watched me hit the next seven shot's in a row. He then ask's how many shot's I've fired and I show him the near empty box of Remington's, he ask's how much they cost and I said depends where you buy them. He pulls out his wallet and tells me to take the two $100 bills to buy more shells and to hunt gophers any where on his farm, after which he asked if I sprayed as good as I shoot. I told him better as I never missed spraying so he then ask's if I wanna spray 600 acres of the canola on Wednesday. This fellow has never used me before and has known about me for over 20 years so I guess I'll thank gopher shooting for the $3,500 job.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By pitw

Dewey Cox (06-25-2017), Hillbillyreefer (07-11-2017)

I guess that .22lr can be considered a pesticide.
    Join the CSSA. Its the least you can do.

lol. Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast