Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    you still have a chance...

there is a $25 banner rebate and $40 trophy rebate until the 22nd.

not as good as the 25%...
    It's a Trophy XLT on my muzzleloader that I want to replace . Elite all the way!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Canadian ForcesTransplanted Nutz Cavs42's Avatar
    In that price range of look at Vortex. I got my Strike Eagle 1-6 for +/- 600 with a cantilever base. Unconditional lifetime warranty is always nice insurance.
    Think methamphetamine's addictive? Try 3-Gun.

Depends on your budget. I prefer Vortex. I think Vortex is the best scope for the money on the market
    Last edited by James1979; 01-31-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    I bought a Nikon Prostaff last year, and have been happy with it so far.
    Nothing fancy, but not real expensive either.
    Turrets are zero-able, and the adjustments are positive and repeatable.
    I have a prostaff 5 2.5-10x now, I like em.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

I have three of the Nikon options - Prostaff 5, Monarch 3 and Monarch 5. I think the glass is very good on them and wouldn't hesitate recommending them though I do prefer the Monarch 5. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the BDC reticle. I would rather have a hash mark than the circles they use. Because of this the next scope will likely be another Sightron S-Tac for similar dollars to the Monarch lines

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

lone-wolf (01-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    I have three of the Nikon options - Prostaff 5, Monarch 3 and Monarch 5. I think the glass is very good on them and wouldn't hesitate recommending them though I do prefer the Monarch 5. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the BDC reticle. I would rather have a hash mark than the circles they use. Because of this the next scope will likely be another Sightron S-Tac for similar dollars to the Monarch lines
    I concur with all of that. I even almost got an s-tac last time.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I concur with all of that. I even almost got an s-tac last time.
    I have a 4-20X50 S-Tac and really like it. Nikon will lose out with me due to the BDC reticle they have. The scopes are good just not a fan of the reticle and the S-Tac is in the same price range.

Old school here ....
    The Leupold 1 piece base is a good setup on the long action Model 70. Combined with a low ring and a Leupold Fixed 6x ...... sturdy, stable, and foolproof.

Anyone in the market for an S-TAC give us a shout we are a Sightron dealer

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    I was too. And they have great warranty. But I've had to use it with two of the four Vortex products I currently own.

For what it's worth, Leupold has a similar warranty but I've never had to test it.
    I have a Vortex now after trying to deal with Leupolds warranty on a 10 year old VXIII. Like the Leupold product, hate their Canadian product support.
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast