Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Good to know.

so far I'm a fairly poor shot.
    Once again, hunt old bears. That way if you just manage to pizz them off, you can outrun them.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

2. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Rory McCanuck (06-21-2017)

South East from the center of the Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    Once again, hunt old bears. That way if you just manage to pizz them off, you can outrun them.
    ...or an older hunting buddy (frienemy) {come on. Someone had to say it?}
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud refers to the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I almost didn't get it because it was a 30-30. I was actually thinking about getting the model 1873 in .357 Magnum. I can easily get ammo at around 60 cent per round. For target practice I could easily use 38 special available as low as 35 cent per round.
    You know, I've never been able to find out whether the modern '73 in .357 is actually rated for full snot magnum loads, or whether it is meant for black powder kaboy stuff.

It's not exactly a strong action, or at least not one that would seem to have a long term resistance to being beaten loose by high pressure loads.

And yet with enough ambulance lawyers and dumb bubbas out there who would stuff anything into anything with the same numbers, warnings or not, it would be hard to believe that the guns wouldn't be safe...

So I'm betting safe, but will shoot themselves to pieces slowly.

Rambling aside, I'd go for a Model 92 instead, if you want a pistol calibre thumper. I'm not sure that anything short of a deliberate act of malicious stupidity would blow one of those up.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Plinker 777 (06-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Rambling aside, I'd go for a Model 92 instead, if you want a pistol calibre thumper. I'm not sure that anything short of a deliberate act of malicious stupidity would blow one of those up.
    I was actually planning on getting that one. But Ellwood Epps sold them all before my pal came in.

Can't find anyone selling them now.
    I spam to make 4k 4 coin

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

Might be between imports. Wolverine can import stuff from Taylor's and Cimarron, Rossi makes a decent '92 clone. There are Chiappa ones out there, but that's not a brand I trust much.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234