Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Im super excited to get mine, Im curious to see what sort of ammo it will eat, crossing my fingers it will run relatively affordable stuff

Now if only we can find a shop with reasonably priced pistol mags.

Westicle, I don't think you understand what I meant, because 50BMG is not to 7.62 what 50 Beowulf is to 5.56.

My point was that if these NEA102s hit the market and take over, we need someone to invent a calibre that's the same length as a 7.62/308 round, but far fatter.

That way we can buy five-round mags for that calibre.
    I have no signature block.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Westicle, I don't think you understand what I meant, because 50BMG is not to 7.62 what 50 Beowulf is to 5.56.

My point was that if these NEA102s hit the market and take over, we need someone to invent a calibre that's the same length as a 7.62/308 round, but far fatter.

That way we can buy five-round mags for that calibre.
    And what? Best case you get to enjoy them for about two weeks until their considered "dual use" and really this time around they probably won't even get that far.

Anyone trying to import the mags for this mystical fantasy round that should be created you speak of will get the IIC denied. The only way around that would be manufacturing them locally, then you're likely back to the outcome above after two weeks.

As it stands with all the recent developments, if you ask me LAR mags are probably whats next to getting to axe.

The .50 Cal 16rds of .223 thing party is over, no offense but if you're still using these mags at public ranges or out in the woods you're asking for an ass raping by an LEO.

The whole kicker with the .50 Cal mags was going off in the bush and doing mag dumps without the fear of getting arrested by the MNR or some LEO. That's done, I'd say now it's about up the same alley as guys who still shoot their 12.5's off the back porch with original mags. There's a time and place for that and in that time and place, well it doesn't matter whether it was five or six shots so really Beowulf mags are useless.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

cr5 (06-26-2017)

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    My mind was just wandering thinking about the bizarre Firearms paradox that exists here...

Since Mick Jagger's Son became the King of the North, we have been given the likes of...

the Type 81,
    Turkish semi-auto shotguns that look like AR knockoffs..
    the NEA 102...

and I am sure a bunch of others which don't come to mind at the moment.

Thank you Mick Jagger's Son!.. Thank you!
    ---------

P.S: HELLO TO THE SISTERS UPSTAIRS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    And what? Best case you get to enjoy them for about two weeks until their considered "dual use" and really this time around they probably won't even get that far.

Anyone trying to import the mags for this mystical fantasy round that should be created you speak of will get the IIC denied. The only way around that would be manufacturing them locally, then you're likely back to the outcome above after two weeks.

As it stands with all the recent developments, if you ask me LAR mags are probably whats next to getting to axe.

The .50 Cal 16rds of .223 thing party is over, no offense but if you're still using these mags at public ranges or out in the woods you're asking for an ass raping by an LEO.

The whole kicker with the .50 Cal mags was going off in the bush and doing mag dumps without the fear of getting arrested by the MNR or some LEO. That's done, I'd say now it's about up the same alley as guys who still shoot their 12.5's off the back porch with original mags. There's a time and place for that and in that time and place, well it doesn't matter whether it was five or six shots so really Beowulf mags are useless.
    I don't think the 50 Beowulf mag ruling is being enforced. Me and a friend of mine have purchased them recently from 2 different stores. They sure are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    ...The .50 Cal 16rds of .223 thing party is over, no offense but if you're still using these mags at public ranges or out in the woods you're asking for an ass raping by an LEO...
    Can you please cite some references of people being charged with this crime, or is your paranoia metre just reaching Alex Jones volume?

Thousands upon thousands of these mags in Canada, so surely there must be dozens of shooters who have been charged and prosecuted for Beowulf mags, currently serving jail time.

I am patient, I will wait until you compile your list while I wait for my "ass raping by a LEO".
    I have no signature block.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Can you please cite some references of people being charged with this crime, or is your paranoia metre just reaching Alex Jones volume?

Thousands upon thousands of these mags in Canada, so surely there must be dozens of shooters who have been charged and prosecuted for Beowulf mags, currently serving jail time.

I am patient, I will wait until you compile your list while I wait for my "ass raping by a LEO".

From CGN... Go read the whole 75 page thread if you really want to know every detail. Despite my attitude I don't make stuff up out of nothing, my kind of paranoia is based in reality. That's your first test case right there and the likely precedent. There may be thousands of the mags in country but the RCMP changed their "interpretation" secretly much like the 10/22 banana mags. The only reason you don't see hundreds of people being charged is because it's kind of a hard thing to go after somebody as a standalone offense, there's no magazine registry. The way this goes and will likely go, you get busted for something else or say you're blowing up tannerite in the woods, MNR or some LEO shows up and you end up like that guy.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ohib-device-x2

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Energy
    Been charged with 2 x possession of a prohibited device. I have a lawyer and they were two genuine Alexander Arms .50 Beo mags. Crown will not drop the charges. That's all I can say for now, just wondering if there was any actual legal precedent set yet. They were properly pinned to five rounds of .50.
    Last edited by Booletsnotreactwell; 06-27-2017 at 05:24 AM.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

Dallas (06-27-2017)

This is why you spend 90 bucks a year on legal insurance, so that you can take their bulletin and shove it down their throats should the need arise. I just stick to 5 rounders, you can't go wrong there.

Also, I am surprised there have been no photos released of the NEA 102 since the pre-order. I guess the guys at NEA would rather be pumping rifles off of the assembly line than take some photos

12. The Following User Liked This Post By driller212

killer kane (06-27-2017)

Does anyone know whether NEA plans on releasing a .260 Remington version?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213