Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I always take two rifles and a shotgun on my trips. Replacement stocks are around $400.
    Hard work pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by graz View Post
    This is only my opinion but are you sure you want to trust a glue repair in a critical area on a wood stock, on a hunting rifle? Considering what a good hunt will cost to get into the bush, provisioned, and during a period of time off work? Not to mention the logistics of three or so people arranging this time off at the same time...

I would hate to see the stock start to wobble or actually come apart again once you were away from home, on a hunt. All you would have to do is take a tumble down a hill and you will be putting the glue repair to a pretty severe test. Have you priced out a new or replacement stock?
    I trust the glue repair. More then I would trust a Browning A Bolt or T Bolt with a wood stock. In 375 H&H. And here is why. My hunting partner and I were hunting up at the cabin. He was headed to his hunting area. I turned around to take a leak. he yelled at me look. Scared the crap out of me. He had a two piece Browning. I asked if he had fallen down. No, The top sling swivel came loose and the rifle fell on the rubber butt. That is all it took. The magnums have large receivers , And not much wood for the stock around it. We did some research. Seems like a common problem in that rifle. So I used gorilla glue. He hasn't had any problems, and has been Black tail and moose hunting with it for a few years.
    Hard work pays off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12