Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    I've had a 64B for years. It shoots anything I feed it. If it stovepipes one I hose it out with BrakeKlean, hit it with air, a little sewing machine oil and go for a few hundred more rounds.
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

2. The Following User Liked This Post By BrotherRockeye

ruger#1 (06-25-2017)

I have done all that. The bolt is rubbing the paint off of the top of the magazine . Oil will not help. A little grinding will.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    I have done all that. The bolt is rubbing the paint off of the top of the magazine . Oil will not help. A little grinding will.
    I didn't suggest oil would help, I was simply relaying my own experience with a Cooey 64B.
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

5. The Following User Liked This Post By BrotherRockeye

ruger#1 (06-25-2017)

Lots of people are having these problems. Even with the new Savage 64. So I am not the only one. Seems like a lot to do with the magazine.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Took the rifle apart today. I couldn't get the slider out of the breach. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull it out. In further inspection. Found out why. The small part in between the magazine and bolt was bent. Probably from when the guy tried wrapping it around a tree. So I tapped it out. And now the bolt slides in and out with ease. Cleaned everything and added light oil before putting it together. Now the slider is not hitting the magazine. And it feels 100% better. Re blued the receiver, Barrel. Plus other parts. I will try it out this weekend.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Went to the cabin last night. Tried the 22 out. Shot the way it should of , When it was new. Was using Remington's bucket of bullets. One jam out of thirty shells. It was the last shell in the clip. Yes I am happy.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12