Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...have access to the Berdan primers..." Virtually not available. Although Canada Ammo says they have 'em. No such thing as a Berdan Large Rifle Primer though.
    Seriously, a full time job refuting your nonsense.
    From the very place you referenced.
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...rifle-primers/
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...have access to the Berdan primers..." Virtually not available. Although Canada Ammo says they have 'em. No such thing as a Berdan Large Rifle Primer though.
    Finding Berdan primers in today Canada would of course be not as easy. Not enough demand.
    But if you have a large supply of them squirreled away from years ago, then no problem.

And, of course, they were and are made in sizes for small and large pistol and small and large rifle, just as Boxer primers are.

This site might be interesting:

http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/ber...imensions.html

///

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Seriously, a full time job refuting your nonsense.
    From the very place you referenced.
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...rifle-primers/
    Wasn't it posted somewhere that those were for x39 and similar but not suited to larger cases like the 7.5x55?

I didn't pay it more than passing notice - I bought prvi brass and still haven't shot the K-31 I bought 3 or 4 years ago...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

There are several different sizes of Berdan primers, you just have to measure things and get the right ones.
    I seem to remember a Kynoch table, listing all the common Berdan sizes...

No, it's not worth it for most of us, for most easily available brass, but to lay out blanket statements like "Reloading Berdan primers is not worth the effort" irks me, because if that's the only brass someone has, it is definitely worth the effort to get a gun shooting again.

Oops, guess I should have looked at shootist's link, that's exactly what I was thinking of.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

The lee 50th anniversary kit is a great starter kit. That's what I started out with years ago. I have since upgraded a lot of the tools, and I've never used the scale that came with it. As mentioned earlier, the only down side is it's a cast aluminum press. I have done lots of loading with it without issue until I started loading for my 300wsm. I guess it has a sloppy chamber, and after two firing from my brass I resized and loaded up then my rounds wouldn't chamber. I couldn't figure out why because I was doing everything the same as normal. I had read about the brass work hardening and the aluminum press flexing, so I kept turning my die in a quarter turn at a time. Finally after a full turn they chambered no problem. I decided to exparament and backed the die out and try it again. I had th same results, but only affter two firings. That's the only trouble I've had with it though.
    Keep your powder dry, shoot strait!!!!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Buck shot

Rory McCanuck (09-06-2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456