Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Doesn't matter. You're still supporting the mothercorp.
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.

While I prefer to support actual small businesses like SFRC, supporting local CT's that carry firearms is not without merit. A local CT that is willing to bring in guns like the NEA 102 is worth supporting. Get's guns into the public eye and "normalizes" gun ownership. And if local gun owners dont' make it worth their while to carry firearms, they will make a business decision and stop carrying them.

Besides, IIRC SFRC is the exclusive distributor anyway, so they will get their cut, regardless if it is purchased at CT

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    I would imagine CT is big enough that if they did decide to stock NEA rifles they could probably just buy direct from the manufacturer. Cabelas in Canada can do it with their guns, they don't need any distributors.

IIRC if you aren't with the times, that's one of the many things that was exposed recently. Why certain big outfits can buy direct while small Canadian businesses are forced to buy from exclusive distributors which charged much more.

That being said, SFRC is a stand up place, I've personally spent over 10 grand at their web store. I bet anything Chemist has gotten used to my extremely shitty looking PAL picture, as soon as he sees it he goes and finds multiple large boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Doesn't matter. You're still supporting the mothercorp.
    The are 2 stores in town that carry guns and reloading supplies. ...the CT store has 4064 for 39.95,the other has the same for 59.95.
    Which would you buy from and support?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    The are 2 stores in town that carry guns and reloading supplies. ...the CT store has 4064 for 39.95,the other has the same for 59.95.
    Which would you buy from and support?
    Impossible. CT's prices are 15% higher than everyone else on EVERYTHING, especially ammo.

But to answer your question: Neither. Because the other shop is clearly gouging on their prices, and because CT sucks period.

Just remember, opinions are like anuses. Everyone has one. They all smell like excrement.
    General purpose troublemaker with a few gems of knowledge from time to time. Yep. I'm the same in real life too.
    GOC's Official, Unofficial 10mm Auto fanboy. So rabid that I'm willing to tell off mods and happily take the infraction.

yep, not all of us are made of money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123