Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I took a gamble and grabbed one at auction, NIB (test fired) for $425. Composite stock, scout length. I was wondering "why is it being auctioned off?", but for that price, aw, what the heck.

I wanted one for similar reasons to yourself, I really dug the iconic look, wanted to try some 100 and 200 yard gongs, yet something capable of taking larger game.

So with some cheapo ammo, I take it out of the box, iron sights, bench rest, 50 yards. Bang! Buddy says it's right on. I said "must've fluked that one one". Bang again, same result. Hmmm, went for the crow sized 100 yard gong, blammo, smoked that thing. I rang it at will, tried the 200 yard coyote size gong, same thing.

I don't obsess over group size. I just like shooting and (mostly) hitting targets, so for me, money well spent. I don't think I would get more enjoyment from a Springfield, the M305 fits the bill for my simple needs.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    just buy the M305,, shoot it, enjoy it, save up for your next gun, who knows maybe the horse may sing
    "Officium Ante Commodum"

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

Hidyn (10-29-2017), JustBen (06-27-2017)

Hardly on topic with target and precision, but we're encouragng enjoyment. Discovering a platform/caliber at low entry cost - instead of diving into a $2k entry rig. See-Me?

I picked up an m305 from... dammit some store in Ontario for 640 or so.. can't remember the name. A cheap spring guide from SFRC, and a cheap scope mount from canada ammo ($34 + $30 shipping... rude)

Shoots pretty good but I haven't mounted a scope yet.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the scope mount, it's proably your cheapest option and it seems built like the $200+ ones, since you will go a little crazy looking for one.

The M305 is fun to shoot and the 2 that I have can hit a 300yard gong with just the iron sights but donít expect them to bring you sub moa groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norinco is a good rifle. I like mine. Arch angle stock. Spring field armour scope mount and a primary arms 4-16 scope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12