Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Exactly. While I do believe we will see more and more electric cars on the road, they are still in the realm of being a specialized tool for a specialized application. Grandma, who's running 2km to buy groceries for one person, who has a heated garage to store it in....sure. People who live in the southern U.S. who go 20 or 30 km to work. Sure. My 3 ton service truck, that has to start in -40C weather every single day after sitting all night, travel hundreds of kilometers into areas where there's no power to be had, boost start heavy equipment....blah blah blah. Trying to turn setups like mine into an electric operation is the stuff of nightmares for engineers. By the time you put enough batteries together to keep me moving, you's need 3 more axles just to carry the weight.
    sounds like you have to top off the tank on a daily basis....
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    sounds like you have to top off the tank on a daily basis....
    If I stay local, I usually burn a tank every 2-3 days. More than once, Ive had to fill up twice in the same day before though.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Just what wonder chemical will be used to make the tires for all those cars and trucks? Insulation for the wiring? Battery cases? Paints? Interiors? There will be more oil pumped out of the ground than ever before in the history of mankind.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    Just what wonder chemical will be used to make the tires for all those cars and trucks? Insulation for the wiring? Battery cases? Paints? Interiors? There will be more oil pumped out of the ground than ever before in the history of mankind.
    That issues has been solved(sort of)... manufacturers have been using soy based wiring that is like candy for little furry critters.

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    That issues has been solved(sort of)... manufacturers have been using soy based wiring that is like candy for little furry critters.
    Well that's just handy isn't it. Like I don't have enough trouble with them already

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    So, the counties with the holier than thou, self destructive eco-governments want to ban gasoline and diesel. Depending on what happens in the next 2 or 3 elections, we could easily be grouped in with them. The fact of the matter is, 99% of the world still hasn't signed onto this latest ban-fad. I'm sure oil will be replaced someday. I just don't think it'll be anytime soon.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

7. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Swampdonkey (08-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    That issues has been solved(sort of)... manufacturers have been using soy based wiring that is like CRACK for little furry critters.
    Politely fixed it for you.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By triq

ESnel (08-07-2017), firemachine69 (08-07-2017)

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    So, the counties with the holier than thou, self destructive eco-governments want to ban gasoline and diesel. Depending on what happens in the next 2 or 3 elections, we could easily be grouped in with them. The fact of the matter is, 99% of the world still hasn't signed onto this latest ban-fad. I'm sure oil will be replaced someday. I just don't think it'll be anytime soon.
    Oil will be used until there is no more to be used. And the last country holding some either becomes the pimp-king or the whore. With the refusal to properly make use of the oil in Alberta it's entirely possible that Canada could be the last one standing, but with armed forces totaling 100,000 Canada will be the whore that the USA and China battle over. They might ignore most of the East, but Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary will be left to make Stalingrad look like a 5-star resort in comparison.
    "we elected Joey from Friends" -Gavin McInnes

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Forbes/Hutton

Swampdonkey (08-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    Oil will be used until there is no more to be used. And the last country holding some either becomes the pimp-king or the whore. With the refusal to properly make use of the oil in Alberta it's entirely possible that Canada could be the last one standing, but with armed forces totaling 100,000 Canada will be the whore that the USA and China battle over. They might ignore most of the East, but Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary will be left to make Stalingrad look like a 5-star resort in comparison.
    Bingo!

This is something I have been thinking for about 40 years. That Canada with all of it's land and natural resources, will be the prize.

Small army, complacent population, authoritarian so called liberal government that sucks up to globalists and super villain soros, clinton et al, it's like the best looking apple on the tree saying

"PICK ME!"
    NFA, CSSA, NRA,

Ama-gi, the earliest known written form of Liberty or Freedom

I do not believe that a majority can vote a person's life, property or freedom away from them.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

Swampdonkey (08-07-2017)

What is most likely is that someone will simply and make economical a process of hydro-bonding that will allow us to bond shorter hydrocarbon chains together to form heaver distillates from more abundant lighter ones. Currently everything (outside of the lab) is hydro-cracking (cracking towers) where we break long chains up into smaller ones.

We will run out of usable hydrocarbons in five or six hundred years. By then I expect that we will be able to bond air into tar using electricity from molten salt thorium nuclear reactors (currently in the lab).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast