Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Run 'n' Gun View Post
    Yup, just imagine, everyone gets home from work, plugs in the car, and cranks the A/C.

We better build some wind turbines or something equally useless.
    And watch the grid melt, literally!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    And watch the grid melt, literally!
    Or be devoured by critters due to enviro friendly insulation.
    It's getting harder and harder to support the government in the style to which they have become accustomed. They need a lesson in manners and to be taught who serves who.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

Swampdonkey (12-18-2017)

I need someone to explain to me where the electricity for this radical shift to only having electric cars is going to come from. It's like 99% of people have this childish assumption that electricity always just appears at the outlet when you stick a plug in, it's just like taxes or gun control. Are we going to burn coal to get it, go back into nuclear or what? Magic?
    "I may not understand what you say, but I'll defend to your death my right to deny it." --Walt Kelly

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Ruff

firemachine69 (12-19-2017), Swampdonkey (12-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I need someone to explain to me where the electricity for this radical shift to only having electric cars is going to come from. It's like 99% of people have this childish assumption that electricity always just appears at the outlet when you stick a plug in, it's just like taxes or gun control. Are we going to burn coal to get it, go back into nuclear or what? Magic?
    I think we should harness the rotational energy of all the veterans whirling in their graves over what the country they gave the ultimate sacrifice for, has become.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FallisCowboy

Swampdonkey (12-18-2017), Waterloomike (12-18-2017)

windmills, solar panels and liberal promises.
    It's getting harder and harder to support the government in the style to which they have become accustomed. They need a lesson in manners and to be taught who serves who.

They're gonna turn it off to rural folk

That's a joke, and a prediction.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

FallisCowboy (12-18-2017), kennymo (12-19-2017), Rory McCanuck (12-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    They're gonna turn it off to rural folk

That's a joke, and a prediction.
    That's such a great idea, cause of course they (citiots) can just buy all their food at the grocery store anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    windmills, solar panels and liberal promises.
    Liberal assumptions carry more weight so now we're into an impossible negative zero situation, shattering reality, and have entered The Upside Down. Or in other words Mr Trudeau's brain.
    "I may not understand what you say, but I'll defend to your death my right to deny it." --Walt Kelly

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Ruff

Waterloomike (12-18-2017)

Liberal assumptions carry more weight so now we're into an impossible negative zero situation, shattering reality, and have entered The Upside Down. Or in other words Mr Trudeau's brain.
    What brain?

hmmm, electric vehicles
    think ya might need a couple panels and likely a couple batteries to replace this container ship motor
    731.imgcache.jpg

16. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Stew

firemachine69 (12-19-2017), Rory McCanuck (12-19-2017), Swampdonkey (12-18-2017)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast