Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had one young bear sniffing the end of the 12 gauge barrel. #2 birdshot is much like a slug at that range.
    It came down a hillside to get around a rock ledge by the mud flats I wanted to goose hunt on. I dragged the boat 50 feet up the mud flats with the wife in the back end and the bear showed up. He sniffed the barrel and continued up the other side of the rock bluff. Smart bear. North of Tofino.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

That's quite the head injury from a bear attack ...
    https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/...pt-600x469.jpg
    If he's sitting up then he's a more robust individual than I am.

Glad everything worked out.

But I would only call the bear spray a partial victory. Yes the bear ran away but it looked back and you thought that it may come back for round two. To me it should not have the will to come back to call it a success. If it was motivated to attack it would have fought through the spray. Sober people can fight through stronger stuff than bear spray.

I can honestly say I would have just brought the SXP and that's it. Try a warning a shot so the noise makes her run away but after that aim for the head.

I did hear a story recently from a geologist saying a guy told him that he shot a bear 9 times with slugs and 1 buckshot because it was going after his dog. Then the bear walked away. I have my doubts but the guy telling me seemed pretty confident that it happened. I wonder how many times he outright missed.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I've had one young bear sniffing the end of the 12 gauge barrel. #2 birdshot is much like a slug at that range.
    It came down a hillside to get around a rock ledge by the mud flats I wanted to goose hunt on. I dragged the boat 50 feet up the mud flats with the wife in the back end and the bear showed up. He sniffed the barrel and continued up the other side of the rock bluff. Smart bear. North of Tofino.
    Last fellow I knew who had to put an aggressive one down shot it through the skull at under ten paces with a 20 gauge and #6 birdshot. Up close it's just a big lump of lead. And contrary to all the bear defense threads, it goes to show the best bear defense gun is the one you have in your hand....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

blacksmithden (09-14-2017), Run 'n' Gun (09-14-2017)

Cool

Think your spray would stop this guy?

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Think your spray would stop this guy?

The bear would look smaller if the guy wasn't four feet away from it.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    The bear would look smaller if the guy wasn't four feet away from it.

Still a pretty large bear at almost 11' from nose to tail.

Yes it is. But you can see my point in the two pictures. Same with fishing pictures.
    CLAC, Member, Local 66
    CCFR, Member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12