Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar

Last edited by Booletsnotreactwell; 08-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

Grizz Axxemann (08-12-2017), speedloader (08-12-2017)

more drop test

no issue with many other guns tested. including multiple Glock.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

"We need to get it out of our head that's it's okay for a modern pistol in 2017 to discharge a round when dropped".

What a terrible mindset to have. I treat my Glock no different than I treat my 1911, you need to adopt a martial arts mindset, treating things with respect and making sure you don't have an accident. Making sure you hit things on key every time.

It's that laissez faire attitude that's the problem. It's like that rule "assume all guns are loaded". No, how about know if your gun is loaded or not loaded, no assuming, no guessing, start knowing and don't know indirectly. It's like when people say try, no don't try, do, try there is not.

Gunmen of the west made it work just fine. Control your shit. You drop a non-drop safety gun, it's probably not gonna go off, if it does you're probably not gonna get shot, if you get shot, you'll have to deal with it. Shooting guns is safe but there's risks, know the risks and manage them yourself, don't look for band aide solutions.
    Last edited by Booletsnotreactwell; 08-16-2017 at 08:34 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

rgallant (08-15-2017), Zinilin (08-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    It's like that rule "assume all guns are loaded", no how about know if your gun is loaded or not loaded, no assuming, no guessing, start knowing and don't know indirectly. It's like when people say try, no don't try, do, try there is not.
    Do you pick up a gun off a shelf and instantly open the action to check? I do because I don't trust other people. Anytime someone hands me a gun I always assume the gun is loaded. It's pointed in a safe direction and I instantly make sure it isn't loaded.You'd be very surprised how many guns I've opened, had live rounds pop out, and the look on that customer's face who assumed it wasn't loaded.

We had one customer who claimed he never fired the gun before after buying it new and wanted different sights put on. I checked it and out popped a live round. He was just as surprised as we were. He later found out that his son had stolen his keys to the gun safe and took the rifle out in the back fields while he dad wasn't home.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Do you pick up a gun off a shelf and instantly open the action to check? I do because I don't trust other people. Anytime someone hands me a gun I always assume the gun is loaded. It's pointed in a safe direction and I instantly make sure it isn't loaded.You'd be very surprised how many guns I've opened, had live rounds pop out, and the look on that customer's face who assumed it wasn't loaded.
    The gun being loaded or not actually shouldn't even really matter for most situations, it should be the smallest part of the safety equation really. If you have that martial arts mentality to gun handling, nothing changes whether it's loaded or not.

The two speed mentality is what leads to accidents, the mentality where you can act one way with an unloaded gun and another with a loaded gun.
    Last edited by Booletsnotreactwell; 08-16-2017 at 08:33 AM.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Booletsnotreactwell

glockfan (08-18-2017)

sig 320s are poop
    Last edited by superbad; 08-18-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    poop!

There's nothing quite like the rush to the front when something new comes along. And then the b1tching after the problems start.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

linung (08-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    There's nothing quite like the rush to the front when something new comes along. And then the b1tching after the problems start.
    It's like getting married.

LOL. Also with new rifles;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234