Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Senior Member AskPermissionFollowOrders's Avatar
    Glorious Soviet People's Republic of Albertastan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordon View Post
    I'm considering buying one and was wondering which parts were interchangeable with AR 10 parts
    Raptor CH need to be modified (need to remove material) to fit Gen2 rifles, IIRC.

From what I've heard, don't bother asking SFRC and definitely don't bother asking BCL.
    On IG, BCL is too busy posting pictures of cars and motorcycles followed by "design inspiration", to answer any questions posted on their IG related to their products.

I almost feel sorry for NEA, errr, "BCL", but it doesn't seem like they've learned much.
    If I were BCL, I'd be marketing this rifle towards hunters (and offer Mossy Oak etc. Cerkote options), and done so since day one.

The 102 is up to Gen3, according to some. Definitely two generations, in how many months? And price increase once the "Catamount" is released.
    It looks like the Catamount could ship with a TriggerTech trigger, BCL's own ambi CH, and a PRS stock.
    In other words, the street price (along with the MSRP) will probably be increased to around $2000.
    Disappointing, but I'm hoping the price will decrease to around $1500 eventually.
    I'm glad I didn't preorder! :/

The lack of anodizing is BS. Everyone else does Cerakote over anodizing, except BCL!

Anyone else remember the following post?

Quote Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms View Post
    NEA has done a lot of Firsts, our CCS System, MINI CAN, Nitriding barrels...... non restricted AR ... and just wait because this year we have three more firsts to announce. two of which will be major disruptors in the U.S market place for price and taking a technology far past where the industry leaders are....
    LOL.

Their firsts, of 2017/2018:
    1) Getting an IRAP grant from the NRC while a Liberal government is in power for the development of a pistol-caliber carbine.
    2) Giving HK a run for its money for most Generations of a rifle in least amount of time.
    3) Naming rifles after animals, totally not like the Honey Badger.
    4) Not realizing it's #CurrentYear, and external-piston ARs aren't trendy or popular any more (as opposed to back in 2007-2010).
    5) Not realizing it's #CurrentYear, and the AR15 market south of the border has been quite soft since DJT was elected...which means it's now even more difficult to compete against US manufacturers.
    6) Despite 4) they seem to be switching over all their AR15s to long-stroke pistons (with the exception of the 102, none of the new rifles they've shown on their IG are "DI").
    7) Hinting towards incorporating carbon fiber into their products on their IG.

Which of those will be major disruptors in the US market? If not one of those (to be fair, only 6 and 7 are somewhat serious), then what?
    Last edited by AskPermissionFollowOrders; 03-10-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    What Would Pinochet Do?|||Make Alberta Great Again|||Drain The Swamp|||The solutions to 1984 are 1776 and 1973|||

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Benjamin Rush, 1800

In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, “I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists" was his response.

Quote Originally Posted by AskPermissionFollowOrders View Post
    The lack of anodizing is BS. Everyone else does Cerakote over anodizing, except BCL!
    FWIW the NEA Lightweight M-Lok rails* (the ones currently on clearance at Maple Ridge etc.) are Cerakote over anodizing...
    *The same rails are on BCL's 5.56 rifles. I'm curious if those are Cerakote only or not.
    What Would Pinochet Do?|||Make Alberta Great Again|||Drain The Swamp|||The solutions to 1984 are 1776 and 1973|||

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Benjamin Rush, 1800

In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, “I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists" was his response.

4. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By DILLIGAF

AskPermissionFollowOrders (03-13-2018), Deuce-deuce (03-13-2018), ESnel (03-13-2018), jwirecom109 (03-14-2018), kennymo (03-13-2018)

Nice. Any QC issues on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    Assuming that it's his.... :P
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Nice!!!! Finally! How does it shoot?

Looks like it was a Gen1 rifle? What part did you change out, besides the handguard and the bolt/catch release?

Which take-down pins work in it? (DPMS/SR25? AR10?)

Which mag catches? (DPMS/SR25? AR10? AR15? proprietary?)

How much did the Gen1 OEM barrel nut weigh? How much do the Gen1 OEM handguards (w/o nut) weight?

Thanks!

Beautiful! I’m interested to hear how it performs.

I received mine 2 weeks ago, order in Aug 8 2017. Was able to put all my goodies on and the rifle shoots like a dream. I change the caliber to .338 Federal

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Curtis264

DILLIGAF (03-14-2018), kennymo (03-14-2018), sonnybon (07-26-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    Beautiful! I’m interested to hear how it performs.
    Still waiting on my Fulton Lightweight Barrel and HP BCG :-) Once I get those next month Ill have a range report.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Assuming that it's his.... :P
    Yes its mine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    I dont really care since all Im using is the stripped receiver set...lol... Im just happy Ryan was able to secure me a Gen 1 :-)

Yes its mine :-)
    Very nice. Maybe i'll do a stripped set for #2. One in 223 perhaps.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast