Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

The nicest foxhole I've ever seen.

Well time to update this thread a bit with photos from Library and Archives Canada

A two-inch mortar crew of The Regina Rifle Regiment taking part in a training exercise, Sussex, England, 18 April 1944.

An unidentified officer of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps (R.C.A.S.C.) near Vaucelles, France, 29 July 1944.

Canadian infantrymen riding a motorcycle with sidecar, France, 14 June 1944. (L-R): Privates J.W. Blair and F.J. Bilopeau, both of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles; Private W.J. Hill of 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade Headquarters.

H/Captain J.L. Steele, Chaplain of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles, talking with his driver, Rifleman J.L. Simard, France, 16 July 1944.

An unidentified airman refuelling a Hawker Hurricane I aircraft of No. 1 (F) Squadron, RCAF

Supermarine Spitfire IXE aircraft of No. 412 (Falcon) Squadron, RCAF, preparing for takeoff

Unidentified aircrew with Consolidated Canso A aircraft 9752, "Shady Lady," of No. 4 (BR) Squadron, RCAF.

A 4.7-inch (12 cm) gun crew of the destroyer HMCS Algonquin piling shell cases and sponging out the gun after bombarding German shore defences in the Normandy beachhead.

A Bofors 40 mm anti-aircraft gun crew on the destroyer HMCS Algonquin at action stations in Arctic waters.
    I shot a 1910 ross and still have everything minus my marbles if you find them please do not return to owner

4. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By Ballsofice

ESnel (07-20-2018), FallisCowboy (07-20-2018), GTW (07-20-2018), kennymo (07-20-2018), RangeBob (07-20-2018), Rory McCanuck (07-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    I was RCEME, but not a WPN Tech, so I've no idea as to the correct designation for that rifle other than what they put on the sign. It was before my time anyway and I'm not gonna argue with someone whose screen name is "Lee Enfield", as no doubt you've probably forgotten more about these rifles than the average gun plumber ever could know about them.

So next time I'm at the museum, I will inform the staff that it is actually a "C No. 7 .22cal" so they can correct the display. Are there any defining features that I could relay to them to support that? Is there a certain serial number location and format, perhaps?
    Without sounding snippy, the fact it's a 22LR and not 303 would be a good start.
    I'm here because all the smart people keep getting banned on the other site.

Another couple of photos from Library and Archives Canada this time featuring Henry Joseph Woodside the Wikipedia article on him https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Joseph_Woodside

Captioned
    "Lunch '93". Left to right: H.J. Woodside, Evans, Hosmer, Thibodeau, Elphinstone

Faith Fenton, H.J. Woodside, 2 correspondents with Yukon Field Force.

Major H J Woodside, 1902.

Major H.J. Woodside (left on Horse) of the 14th Battalion, C.E.F., Salisbury Plain, England
    I shot a 1910 ross and still have everything minus my marbles if you find them please do not return to owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsofice View Post

Canadian infantrymen riding a motorcycle with sidecar, France, 14 June 1944. (L-R): Privates J.W. Blair and F.J. Bilopeau, both of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles; Private W.J. Hill of 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade Headquarters.
    The guy in the sidecar reminds me of Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The guy in the sidecar reminds me of Bob Hope.
    Yeah, I’ll say he looks like him.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122