Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    WTH is a snozberry?
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalJon View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry if its been discussed, ive used the search and skimmed the 20 pages, but i can't find an answer to this.

Ive got a buddy who has a ten year weapons ban. He wants to come to the range for some plinking but isnt sure if hes allowed.

For sure he cant buy or own any firearms but can he use mine for plinking. I'll be standing right there. At arms length as per range rules when a non p.a.l. guest accompanies a p.a.l. certified shooter to the range.

what do you think?
    Have your buddy read the ban, or you read it to him. Then, he can decide if he wants to chance a jail term.
    Two vicious lies undergird that stinking pile of excrement that passes for firearms law and regulation in Canada.

Some guns are too dangerous for you to have, and you don't "need" guns because you have police to protect you.

I would be extremely uncomfortable if I had a friend who was asking me to roll that dice for him.

If your buddy has a weapons ban and you 'assist' in him disobeying a court order, where does that put you?

Quote Originally Posted by superbad View Post
    He is not allowed anywhere near a gun.
    That means he cant even be in a vehicle or home where a gun is stored. Any leo can claim public safety concerns and bring him in front of a judge where the judge will determine if he has broken the prohibition.
    Furthermore, if you know the person has a weapons ban and you still allowed access, its no longer just the other person who goes to jail but you as well.
    As that satisfies criminal intent, weather you knew it was a crime or not is not relevant.
    He cant even come to your house for a bbq, but what are the chances a cop that knows him will be at the bbq right, still be warned.
    If anything does happen, say nothing, give them your id and say nothing, not even im sorry nothing, lol.
    Let the lawyer deal with the Crown.
    I would suggest to hang out with your bud at public places only.
    Technically, he cant even peel an orange at the park with a knife. Public safety bs is very broad and the cops use it all the time to violate Charter of rights.
    Some untruths, some true.

During my prohibition, the essential bits were that I should never have in my hands anything that goes bang or is pokey. However, my wife had firearms, and I lived in the same house. Took a small novel to explain how we would uphold my prohibition.

The terms of the prohibition order must be read, but unlikely any legal way that a prohibited person can hold or fire a firearm, ammunition, or anything else that is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalJon View Post
    ...I've got a buddy who has a ten year weapons ban. He wants to come to the range for some plinking but isnt sure if he's allowed. For sure he cant buy or own any firearms but can he use mine for plinking. I'll be standing right there. At arms length as per range rules when a non p.a.l. guest accompanies a p.a.l. certified shooter to the range. what do you think?
    We cannot provide a firearm to a prohibited person (legally).

Doubt me? Ask the police. Doubt them? Ask your CFO. Doubt him? Ask the court that levied the ban on your 'buddy'.

A ban is a ban. He can't handle firearms (legally), no matter (whether or not he's under) the supervision of a licensed person.

He'll do what he wants, that goes without saying, but - if you play this game - you're looking at a new ban, a ban for yourself.
    Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Wendell

BenWillard (10-26-2017), spider69 (10-26-2017)

To clarify above, my prohibition has been over, for awhile. I now hold PAL/RPAL.

Wendell, above, is definitely on the mark.

10/4 loud and clear. thnx guys

Quote Originally Posted by sonofvarmint View Post
    I would be extremely uncomfortable if I had a friend who was asking me to roll that dice for him.
    Yup. Ain't much of a buddy to be willing to put you in such a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Some untruths, some true.

During my prohibition, the essential bits were that I should never have in my hands anything that goes bang or is pokey. However, my wife had firearms, and I lived in the same house. Took a small novel to explain how we would uphold my prohibition.

The terms of the prohibition order must be read, but unlikely any legal way that a prohibited person can hold or fire a firearm, ammunition, or anything else that is fun.
    only because you are married, if you where roomates, the rcmp would take the guns away until the person with the ban was not living there.
    poop!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234