Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    The new A5 is a completely different animal from the old A5. If there's anyone around you putting on a Browning demo, go check it out. The new ones point wonderfully.
    Well....the one I had was an older one for sure.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Sorta related, but are the Benellis that we get in Canada direct from Italy or are they from the states?
    Remember High River!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    Well color me wrong. I assumed the M4 ran the same inertia system as most other Benelli shotguns.

That being said, I've seen a guy try to shoot trap with one and he kept getting failures to eject.

My money is still on the Beretta with a Remington versamax as a close second.
    My youngest daughter had the same issue when trying to fire from the hip. She was not holding it firmly enough and the gun was moving back while the bolt was unlocking and then moving back within the moving gun. Thus the relative motion of the gun and the bolt was insufficient to cycle. (like limp wristing a 1911)
    Once she understood that she seeded to hold the firearm firmly the problem went away.

Your friend may need to hold the gun tighter to the shoulder.

OR perhaps you friend actually has different black Benelli, an M2 which is Inertia Driven.

That's what Rem 11-87's were designed to do. Whole thing is mostly about your budget though.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Well....the one I had was an older one for sure.
    Yeah, the old long recoil one- I understand that to shoot target loads in a magnum Auto 5 you should swap out the recoil spring and bushings with a set for the Light Twelve.

I shoot 1oz challengers in the A5 with the inertia system
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123