Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    Actually the M4 has issues with light target loads - not enough energy to cycle the inertia system.
    A regulated gas system will always function better than interia, provided that it is maintained. Inertia systems require less cleaning and maintenance, hence why the military adopted the Benelli.
    "..inertia system..."

You obviously have no idea...

My M4 is ...
    The M4 was the first gas-operated shotgun produced by Benelli. Its function is designed around an entirely new method called the "auto regulating gas operated" (ARGO) system. The short-stroke design uses two stainless-steel self-cleaning pistons located just ahead of the chamber to function opposite the rotating bolt, thereby eliminating the need for the complex mechanisms found on other gas-actuated automatics. The ARGO incorporates only four parts: two symmetrical shrouds containing two small steel gas pistons.

Additionally, the weapon is self-regulating for use with cartridges of varying length and power levels. It can fire 2.75 (70 mm) and 3-inch (76 mm) shells of differing power-levels without any operator adjustments and in any combination.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4
    PS:

Preliminary testing of the M4 suggests a high level of reliability. It can reliably function for at least 25,000 rounds without replacement of any major parts. The steel components of the weapon feature a matte black phosphated corrosion resistant finish while the aluminum parts are matte hard-anodized. These finishes reduce the weapon's visibility during night operations.

The weapon requires little maintenance and operates in all climates and weather conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    "..inertia system..."

You obviously have no idea...

My M4 is ...

PS:
    Well color me wrong. I assumed the M4 ran the same inertia system as most other Benelli shotguns.

That being said, I've seen a guy try to shoot trap with one and he kept getting failures to eject.

My money is still on the Beretta with a Remington versamax as a close second.

The Benelli system sounds a lot like the versa max
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I have always been extremely happy with my Beretta Urika 391. I don't believe I've ever had a problem, and I've shot many many thousands of light target loads with it.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    The Benelli system sounds a lot like the versa max
    Other way around. It's been suggested that Rem borrowed some of the ARGO design.

For an autoloader I was always a fan of 1100's, but dont think they are as versatile as today's offerings. I still prefer the heft of the steel reciever
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I've only shot target loads in my A5, but it doesn't skip a beat

It's sold as a hunting gun, rather than a clays gun, so.... Probably cycles the 2 bucks a shell stuff too.
    It does. I have a couple buddies shooting these in the goose blinds, if the shell you put in them is capable of going bang, it will....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    It does. I have a couple buddies shooting these in the goose blinds, if the shell you put in them is capable of going bang, it will....
    Had an A5 7 or 8 years ago. It wouldnt always cycle light trap loads. That was the reason I sold it.....to a scumbag at the place I worked who never paid me the rest of what he owed me on it. Anyway....thats a whole other story. Thanks for all the advice guys. Im soaking it all up.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

My SBE II has been a good shotgun with everything from 7/8target loads to 3.5" hunting loads.

My 1100 is pretty reliable with light target loads in the 2 3/4 chambered barrel, when it gets sticky during a round of sporting clays a quick shot of Remington Mechanic gets her back to cycling properly. Never had a problem with heavier hunting loads 2 3/4 or 3" and the 3" chambered barrel. Remington Mechanic being G96, Wd40 or any other aerosol lube.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Had an A5 7 or 8 years ago. It wouldnt always cycle light trap loads. That was the reason I sold it.....to a scumbag at the place I worked who never paid me the rest of what he owed me on it. Anyway....thats a whole other story. Thanks for all the advice guys. Im soaking it all up.
    The new A5 is a completely different animal from the old A5. If there's anyone around you putting on a Browning demo, go check it out. The new ones point wonderfully.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast