Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Just bought an 1895 Guide Gun in stainless this summer, which is just a beefed up 336. It's nice, pretty slick action out of the box, trigger is close to as good as it gets for most lever guns. I set out to buy an 1894 Marlin in 44 magnum, but the only one in stock had a terrible checkering job from the factory.... Marlins are much improved from a couple years back, but it's probably still not a bad idea to have a look at it in person before laying down cash....
    It is a very good idea to look over whats in stock, I went through 5 1985GBL's last month to pick the best one of the bunch for smoothness of the action and fit and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Was looking at the Marlin 336SS Stainless Lever Action Rifle. Does anyone have one or used one and have feedback about it, good or bad.
    Thanks.
    Only had one about thirty years ago. That was one too many. Would not feed properly, from the box. I'm a lever lover, so have a few BLR's as well as Win 88's that I love to shoot. Whatever you are used to I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123