Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I think you have a contradiction.

double action means you need to do something for every round. Either pull the hammer back manually or pull the trigger far enough back to cock the hammer.
    Uhhhhh NO it does not mean that.

Double Action means that for one pull of the trigger, two things happen. The hammer is drawn backwards and then released. A Single Action only does one thing when the trigger is pulled, the hammer is released.

so the question is after you fire the first shot, what do you need to do to fire the next round?

No, that is not the question, because in both cases of a semi-auto and a DA revolver, a round is fired every time the trigger is pulled.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

Specter Arms (01-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    No, I don't believe so. And there was one (cowboy single action) that was deemed NR. Had to do with how the stock attached, the metal came from the factory designed for a straight grip stock, and a conventional pistol grip couldn't be screwed on. That seems to be the trick here....
    Don't confuse mechanical operation with political classification.

There are bolt action rifles that are classified as restricted handguns. The reason for this has ZERO to do with the mechanical features of the firearm. The reason a bolt rifle can be classed as a restricted handgun is because it started out life as a handgun like an XP100. Our idiot laws take the attitude that "once a handgun, always a handgun" regardless of barrel or stock substitutions to make the thing a rifle.

According to Crosman it is..

When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

On the topic of confusing, I am surprised no one mentioned that anomaly known as the "Webley–Fosbery Automatic Revolver" in this discussion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley...matic_Revolver

Single action, self-cocking, self loading, semi-auto revolver.

I want a triple-action / single-action (TA/SA) handgun. Pulling trigger on first shot moves the slide back and loads the round and releases the slide, cocks the hammer, and drops the hammer. On followup shots, single-action.

All of this will become important when Crye six12 goes in for classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    On the topic of confusing, I am surprised no one mentioned that anomaly known as the "Webley–Fosbery Automatic Revolver" in this discussion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley...matic_Revolver

Single action, self-cocking, self loading, semi-auto revolver.
    There were a couple Mateba auto revolvers as well

Some outfit in Pakistan was supposedly developing a Fosbery replica, but I don't think anything has come of it. Ian from Forgotten Weapons opined that it may have just been vapourware.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123