Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M+M M10X-Z

Apparently M+M wants to subsidize it's sales in the US by charging extra for out of country orders.
    Good luck.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

If it's 2000+ they can keep it

3. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Sinbad

altitude604 (10-15-2017), firemachine69 (10-12-2017), GhostOf'33 (10-11-2017), infidel29 (10-12-2017), lone-wolf (10-11-2017), Mobusten (10-12-2017), Specter Arms (10-12-2017)

Especially for a design that's 2 years old.

People were whining about the 102 being unproven, despite it being very much an AR, and yet salivate over this - an amalgam of several designs with no track record of reliability, durability, no idea of the number of units out there, and a company that seems like it's having issues finding buyers.

So you get a gun that you don't know you'll be able to get parts for in 5 years time.

$1500 is more than enough to gamble.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

GhostOf'33 (10-12-2017)

Canadian Forceswww.specterarms.ca Specter Arms's Avatar
    When I first saw this I noticed the spacing on the trigger pins and the trapezoid shape of the lower and thought "ak varient". I am still surprised it made non restricted.
    I must admit, I am excited to see this rifle coming to Canada. I have already started the process of ordering 20 round ak mags for retail sales just for what I anticipate to be a popular rifle.

The concern about spare parts is valid. If I actually end up carrying the rifle itself, I suppose I will just build some.
    Guns, optics and accessories along with sound professional advice at
    www.specterarms.ca
    http://specterarms.blogspot.ca/

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Specter Arms

infidel29 (10-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Arms View Post
    When I first saw this I noticed the spacing on the trigger pins and the trapezoid shape of the lower and thought "ak varient". I am still surprised it made non restricted.
    I must admit, I am excited to see this rifle coming to Canada. I have already started the process of ordering 20 round ak mags for retail sales just for what I anticipate to be a popular rifle.

The concern about spare parts is valid. If I actually end up carrying the rifle itself, I suppose I will just build some.

This is why I am a fan of specter arms

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    I think the Type-81 will be the next big NR rifle.

Give it a year or two, once TI won't be the exclusive importer anymore and you'll have 5-10 distributors of it, they will be in every low end gun store and Canadian Tire like the SKS. I bet they'll be selling for $600-750'ish and there will be all sorts of aftermarket mods for them, some kind of Dragunov sniper package and stuff like that, with match ammo it'll be like 2MOA.
    Certainly not, with the m10x on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Especially for a design that's 2 years old.

People were whining about the 102 being unproven, despite it being very much an AR, and yet salivate over this - an amalgam of several designs with no track record of reliability, durability, no idea of the number of units out there, and a company that seems like it's having issues finding buyers.

So you get a gun that you don't know you'll be able to get parts for in 5 years time.

$1500 is more than enough to gamble.
    HAha serious Nea 102 already have some issues after 1 mouth , M10x in revenge , no issue last two years, and it' s for the most part a cheap sig550...

Well I obviously have not been trawling American gun boards where thousands of happy users apparently sing the praises of the m10x daily, but only CGN, where people go to practice drama when their cerakote has a run in it.

Exactly how many have reported serious showstopper issues?

And how many were unable to get them resolved?

Good to know that m+m is this large enterprise that in no way is staking their future on a proprietary rifle platform. Looks like they'll always be able to fall back on importing surplus rifles, parts kits, and fabbing AK Farkles, given their "about us" info.

Folks sure go from 0-fanboi in record time in black rifle land...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

If the price is as much as people are suggesting I'd just have irg or aztec to import one in restricted form. I've seen em selling for a hair over $1kUSD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123