Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That looks well done, neos.
    It's getting harder and harder to support the government in the style to which they have become accustomed. They need a lesson in manners and to be taught who serves who.

Thank you for the compliments. It was a hard decision to go this route, but the stock dictated my move to painting teh stock as parts were missing and teh amount of overall damage prior to me aquiring it. I am glad it was rough so I could have some fun with it, and I did. The texture I added makes it look neat, as well as gives good gripping.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Nice rifle and one that will last forever if cared for. I have the model 81 (tube magazine) that my dad gave me 45 years ago. It was his as a kid and I am proud to have it as a good memory. Just a point of safety. The bolt has a pin or bar that locks into a cut at the rear. You mentioned the rifle was roughed up. The cutout may be worn which may cause the rifle to misfire when chambering a round. ( I almost took a shot to the foot) A light touch with a round chainsaw file cured that issue.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

That area is in good shape. It locks up solid. Thank you though for the advice, as I will be careful when testing it out just to be safe. I believe I was told that the gunew was stired in a barn or outbuilding but the bolt stored seperately. And it shows. The whole body of this machine was rough, broken, and rusty, while the heart was well preserved. There was not even a hint of rust on the rear of the bolt knob, as the rest of the steel had rust all over, so I can buy that story.

Well, just a little update again. I had some firing pin issues earlier, so I carefully rounded the flat end so it strikes better, and that worked like a charm, making a better indent into the case. Also, I recently made a 'plug' for the magazine hole to take up the missing space, and further making it just a single shot rifle. Being as it was nice outside here today, we went out for a little bit to pop off some rounds. So, I brought my Marlin with me. I just paced out 10 yards and threw up an empty box. Well, to my surprise, after about 6-7 shots I walked out only to find out it was shooting level and slightly to the right about 3/4". It cycled very well, and went bang every time. I was very surprised at how quiet this rifle was waith Winchester M22 rounds. But I had some CCI Standard Velocity I wanted to try. Well, was this stuff ever quiet. I am really liking it. So, overall, I am very happy with my gun. It doesn't look the best, nor is it worth much, but it is very fun to shoot. I just thought I would share my little experience from this afternoon.

That’s awesome, thanks for sharing. I have an old rifle I have been thinking about restoring the stock on and I think you just pushed me over the line to get it started.

Thank you for the compliments on my resurrection of this old gem.

Quote Originally Posted by neos View Post
    Ok. Well, I apologize there Stew. I had looked at the website before a few times, but somehow I missed it. Thank you very much. One down! Out of stock currently, but I will be monitoring the site daily.
    Check CA tire also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12