Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    If the U.S. bans semis, you can bet the turd will ban all guns up here.
    I thought of that after I posted. But there would be a brief time frame to sell all the SKS to Mike from Canmore

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    This is precisely why I joined the NRA after Newtown (and have been a member ever since). Bolster their numbers and add a bit of money to their coffers to fight this. If the US goes down so goes Canada.
    This is probably a good idea...
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAF&G

"..."their isn't..." No THERE isn't. No THEY'RE not. No THERE aren't.
    "...joined the NRA..." Waste of money. The NRA doesn't care about anything that happens here.
    "...hastily written, feel good, knee-jerk legislation..." Does one thing and one thing only. Makes it look like the assorted politicians are doing something. Our laws since 1978 are exactly that. Totally ineffective, but it looked good to non-shooters.
    Any attempt at banning semi-autos would likely be declared unconstitutional Stateside.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    The NRA doesn't care about anything that happens here.
    You're absolutely right; the NRA doesn't give two hoots about us. But if there was sweeping change in the US, there would be sweeping change here, too.

Any attempt at banning semi-autos would likely be declared unconstitutional Stateside.
    Someone has to lead the fight against the ban to challenge it constitutionality.

I don't particularly care for the NRA or La Pierre, but they are the lobby group with the power there.

"...joined the NRA..." Waste of money. The NRA doesn't care about anything that happens here.
    I never said I joined the NRA in the hope they would do anything for Canada. I said I joined the NRA to help the US avoid giving in to gun control. If semis are banned in the US then Canada will follow suit. There is no way a Liberal government would ever allow Canada to have less strict gun laws than the US.

Currently, with a 5 to 4 balance of conservatives to liberals on the SCOTUS bench. But that dynamic was very close to being 4 to 5. There will be more vacancies over the next several years. If Trump doesn't get another term and/or both houses lose their Rep majorities say bye bye to the 2A effectively.
    CSSA/CCFR/NRA

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

FallisCowboy (10-13-2017), killer kane (10-12-2017), Rory McCanuck (10-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    You're absolutely right; the NRA doesn't give two hoots about us. But if there was sweeping change in the US, there would be sweeping change here, too.

Someone has to lead the fight against the ban to challenge it constitutionality.

I don't particularly care for the NRA or La Pierre, but they are the lobby group with the power there.
    You think any change to U.S. law would have an effect here? You're dream'n, fella

And just what has the U.S. constitution have to do with Canada? What is the flavor of that Kool-Ade?

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    You think any change to U.S. law would have an effect here? You're dream'n, fella

And just what has the U.S. constitution have to do with Canada? What is the flavor of that Kool-Ade?
    Nothing directly, much influentially. How many times have you heard the CGC and even some in the Liberal Party itself call for "australian gun control". You think if the US banned semis there wouldn't be calls for "US gun control" in Canada?! Really!?
    CSSA/CCFR/NRA

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

DanN (10-12-2017), rooivalk (10-12-2017), Rory McCanuck (10-13-2017)

Because what Doug_M said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    If semis are banned in the US then Canada will follow suit. There is no way a Liberal government would ever allow Canada to have less strict gun laws than the US.

Yeah....and the US will definitely ban semi's. Yep, 100%, it's gonna happen...BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah....and the US will definitely ban semi's. Yep, 100%, it's gonna happen...BAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Uh huh. And Trump won't get elected, either.

The thing is, if there was no opposition to banning anything, it would get banned; so support the opposition so the fertilizer doesn't hit the ventilator.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast