Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Suggest you firm up your budget first. And do not discount buying used. Takes a lot of abuse to damage a modern pistol.
    Shooter's Choice in Waterloo is listing a gussied up(has a TASCO red dot sight and a factory comp on it) SA Inc. for $995.
    New Colt's start at $1300. Smith 1911's start at $1,175. $875 for a Remington R1. $1,130 for a Ruger.
    I figure I'll be spending somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1500 to get what I'm after. I haven't discounted buying used, all my guns in the cabinet so far are second hand to me. The money isn't so much the issue, its just a lot to lay out for one gun and end up with a junker that doesn't function/perform reliably. Still have a lot of research to do before i commit, this is why I started this thread. Thanks everyone for all the insightful info and tips so far.

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedrich19 View Post
    I figure I'll be spending somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1500 to get what I'm after. I haven't discounted buying used, all my guns in the cabinet so far are second hand to me. The money isn't so much the issue, its just a lot to lay out for one gun and end up with a junker that doesn't function/perform reliably. Still have a lot of research to do before i commit, this is why I started this thread. Thanks everyone for all the insightful info and tips so far.

Jordan
    Price doesn't mean its great.... We had a Para Ord SF45 and it ran like crap. There's a guy with a R1 and he had nothing but issues with it at PPC.

What about an STI? Or Sig? Im partial to Springfield.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Friends don't let friends buy para lol.

But yeah my colt I bought lightly used for a great price then just spend money on modifying it.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Waynetheman

Booletsnotreactwell (11-12-2017)

Recently picked up a Sig Sauer Nightmare 45 acp. This thing is a tack driver, about 350 rds thru is so far without any hiccups

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Lol Para...

They had their place, but like many they couldn't just stick to what they were good at.

If para had just kept making double stack 1911 conversion kits, then they'd probably still be a relevant player. That and maybe not moved to the U.S.

I have a few 1911s and my favourite has turned out to be a Remington R1 Enhanced Carry with Crimson Trace grips. Very well built, smooth/crisp trigger, and deadly accurate. Sold off my others and just stick to this one and a cheapo full sized Citadel that I mess with the internals

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234