Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Well this is the first time Ive seen it. Sorry we don't have big box stores and many gun stores.

I got a CT 10mins away, next gun shop 35mins away, than its hour and half into the city. Haven't seen it in Halifax.
    This newly branded batch of Browning ammo started showing up early this summer as far as I'm aware. I almost bought a bulk of .22 to try since they had introductory pricing, but decided the dozens of boxes of Mini mags I've stashed away will do a while longer....

I suspect it's made by the same people who own the rights to the Winchester/Olin ammunition lineup (not the same people who own the rights to Winchester Firearms), since Browning Firearms and Winchester Firearms are now owned by the same company. You'll note that Winchester levers are now built in the same Japanese town as BAR's and BLR's.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

gtr (11-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    So on my gun run trip. I noticed that now Browning has their own ammo line. Who actually makes it? Kinda worries me that a company that not know for making ammo, suddenly comes out with a brand of ammo. I thought about trying out a box of their 22 but figured NAH. Might be crap like most of their fad products.
    I first saw it at Van Raymond's, on the way to a match. I asked, and the counter guy told me he thought it was made by Winchester. He said it'd been selling well with no complaints; I took his word for it. It was bright and clean. We used about 400 rounds that weekend, out of two G19 pistols, with no issues.

Based on that first experience I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.
    Retired Maryland State Police Captain Jack McCauley speaking in the Maryland Senate for CCW reform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUaPDiW-GY

Browning is the Harley-Davidson of guns. The brand nets them more than their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey View Post
    Browning is the Harley-Davidson of guns. The brand nets them more than their products.
    Even though just made in China stuff. Their pet products are cheap as hell for being a gun company.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Browning ammo, while owned by Olin/Winchester Corp built their own ammo plant in Arnold Mo, just a few miles south of St Louis MO. Olin's plant is a few miles NE of E St Louis IL in Alton IL. The bullet weights Browning uses are a bit different than we are accustomed too. ie;243/97gr. 270/134-145gr. 30-30\155gr. 308-155/168gr. and 300wm&300wsm\155-185gr. 16ga is produced in Australia, something to do with proprietary rights. While those are the calibers they started with more are planned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12